4 replies to this topic

#1 roland17

roland17

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:42 PM

i have had my 5 and 3 year old sons fishing for about a 1 1/2 years now since we moved to the valley. i typically take them to los banos wild life area and the delta off hwy 120 under the bridge. we catch half pound to 1.5 pound cats and stripers. my eldest boy come to me last week and asked to catch bigger catfish. i explained trying to catch bigger fish we might not catch as many fish. he did not care. i would like to go to the delta this weekend, but have no idea where to go, since we moved up from san diego. if you could please help i would be very thankful. Roland

#2 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:07 AM

Clear lake has some big fish. I caught a 12 pound cat there once. You could also try some ocean fishing for bat rays and sharks those put up a great fight!

#3 roland17

roland17

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:42 AM

those bat rays put a great fight caught one at coronado pier with a wing span of 6 feet. did alot of party oat fishing for yellowtail, calico bass and barracuda. how i miss those days

#4 goosebrown

goosebrown

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Ceramics. WEB programming. Varmint hunting and possibly pig hunting.

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:55 AM

Salmon season opens on Saturday from SF and the San Mateo coast. Come on over to Half Moon Bay and go out. Might close as early as April 15th. First time in three years.

#5 acourvil

acourvil

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

I can't help you for spots on the delta, but I used to have a great time catching catfish at night at Clear Lake and Lake Amador using chicken livers. Pull into the back of a creek or a sheltered spot off the main channel, put a big gob of chicken liver on the hook and sit back and relax. The big ones usually bite just about the time you nod off. My old fishing partner had a rod jump out of the boat and take off like a speedboat one night. Luckily, it had a floating handle, and we were able to follow it and retrieve it, along with an ~8lb catfish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users