3 replies to this topic

#1 James B.

James B.

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:54 PM

My main piece is a Mossberg 500. I just ordered a 24" barrel with some chokes for spring Turkey season, but I'm wondering whether it would be worth it to get a rifled 24" also to run slugs. I'll be going after wild boar in between the turkey seasons. Is the added spin that big of factor in accuracy? Is it worth getting a scoped barrel, or will iron sights do? Just wonderin'

#2 Karl

Karl

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:37 AM

I have two 24" slug barrels for the 500. w/scope rail.I only need one and will let you have the other one for $150. I will be in the Bay Area in a week or two, I can deliver. Brand new.You will gain accuracy with the rifled barrel. Karl
Karl

#3 James B.

James B.

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:22 AM

I have two 24" slug barrels for the 500. w/scope rail.I only need one and will let you have the other one for $150. I will be in the Bay Area in a week or two, I can deliver. Brand new.You will gain accuracy with the rifled barrel. Karl

The new barrel arrived yesterday, and it looks pretty good. I'll have to pass on your offer for now, what disposable income I have is needed elsewhere for the next couple months.

#4 Karl

Karl

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:59 AM

It's not going anywhere.As far as slugs go I prefer and recommend Brenneke slugs for a smooth bore.Accurate and hit very hard out to 100 yards.Karl
Karl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users