3 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:19 PM

I just put up the latest installment of "Earning Her Keep" stories, with video, on my blog. This one is about my FX Whisper. I've had this rifle for several years now, so it's not one of the new ones with the smooth twist barrels. If interested, the story and hunting video can be viewed here: http://varmintair.ty...fx-whisper.html Thanks for looking.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,661 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:33 PM

Great stuff Cliff. I love the last one that just sort of drops off the stump. Oh heck I like them all! :horse apples: You know you could have used your Monsoon for that double where the second one didn't run off. My Whisper is quieter than my Monsoon because you don't hear the bolt cycle. But I doubt the animals I've shot with the Monsoon hear anything once I pull the trigger. :signlol2iu:

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:36 PM

Great stuff Cliff. I love the last one that just sort of drops off the stump. Oh heck I like them all! :signlol2iu: You know you could have used your Monsoon for that double where the second one didn't run off. My Whisper is quieter than my Monsoon because you don't hear the bolt cycle. But I doubt the animals I've shot with the Monsoon hear anything once I pull the trigger. :D

Thanks John. I wish my camera would work on the Monsoon. The action cycling causes it to stop recording for a couple of beats, so I have nice clean footage right up to the shot breaking, and nice clean footage after the action has cycled, and nothing in-between. All the good stuff in the middle is missed. Not real useful actually. :lol: I don't think the critters even hear the Monsoon cycle out where they are. I've sure never seen them take any notice when I'm shooting mine. Well the ones that aren't in the crosshairs don't seem to notice, and the one that was in the crosshairs, doesn't want to talk about it. :horse apples:

#4 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:27 AM

Great Video, and shooting too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users