8 replies to this topic

#1 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:03 PM

I got my Bear Extreme restrung and tuned, kicked the draw up to 65lbs and took some lessons. What a difference. Suddenly I'm hitting targets at 60 yards. It's like a whole new sport has opened up. Form plays an immense role and once I got my bad habits under control, I was amazingly accurate (At least, compared to my past shooting). Just wish I had the stamina for a 2nd hour of tutoring. Wow! This is so cool!!! WOW!!! Sorry...just jazzed after a good practice. The chrono read 251, I guess that's sufficient for hunting.

#2 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:26 PM

Now you just need to put your quiver on the right way. :signlol2iu:

#3 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:08 PM

FN elephants post here. They never forget. :signlol2iu:

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,714 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:31 PM

Good going . Now Practice practice practice. Watch him start knocking off coyotes with his bow now. :wedgie[1]:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#5 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:39 PM

Good Job - the 3D deer and Javelina will be at the camp site next month for us to shoot our bows at. I'll teach you pin stacking for longer distances now that your form is getting there.

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#6 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:43 PM

Baby steps, baby steps...

#7 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:53 AM

Oh jeez...I went back to the range w/o my coach and was all over the board again at distances over 20 yards. Apparently I have yet to work out my grip issues. I have a bad habit of gripping the bow like a pistol when I shoot. I gotta settle in with a grip that's relaxed and consistent. It's not as easy as it looks, is it? :wedgie[1]:

#8 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:03 PM

It is as easy as it looks, you just need to practice a bunch. If you shoot 10 arrows a day you will see big improvements, even with out having some one tell you how to shoot. we had a wall of targets to shoot at when I started and I used to close my eyes and just concentrate on form not placement and that helped quite a bit. 10 a day and you'll do fine...

#9 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,714 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:25 AM

Practice, practice, practice. Do not worry about hitting that little spot just on your form and your groups will get there. You only been doing it for just a real short time . Your doing good.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users