Photo

AA 410CRBSL Carbine, earning her keep prairie dog hunting.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:16 AM

Yesterday, I had a chance to get back out to the cattle ranch, and do a little prairie dog hunting with my AA 410 Carbine. Anyone interested in the story, with a couple stills, and short video can view it here. http://varmintair.typepad.com/ Hope to get back out again friday. Season ends the 31st until June 16th, when she starts back up again.

#2 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:11 PM

Another real good vid thanks again i must say i love mine also .

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:56 PM

Thanks, yeah they are super nice air rifles for sure. It is one of my favorite tree squirrel guns. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: For some reason I got the itch to try it in the dog towns. It worked fine, but have other guns that are better suited to that environment. It was still fun to do it once though.

#4 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:19 PM

As usual, a fine job. Thanks for sharing. I would have thought that you would still have snow at that elevation.

#5 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:57 AM

Thanks, it's always fun, even when the wind is blowing like crazy. We do still have some snow up here, but the ranch I hunt is about 1500 feet lower in elevation, and it's all gone there. Going to try and go a couple more times before the season closes for two and a half months. Right now, weather wise, friday is looking pretty good. I've got a new pair of hunting boots coming, and they should be here tomorrow, so that will be a good chance to break them in a little. The hunting is very slow paced. Lots of glassing and slow stalking, so not too likely to get any blisters from the new boots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users