2 replies to this topic

#1 hunting guy

hunting guy

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:46 AM

I'll admit, I am kind of addicted to finding the best quality scopes at bargain prices, and my thirst for new scopes that are better then the last never ends, so how about some opinions. I can get a Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x42(without BDC reticle) for the same price as as a Leupold VX-II. Has anyone oned both? If anybody has owned ned both, feel free to coment. Durability, ruggedness, and clarity play a decision in my choice. So, Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 or Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x42? Any other great scope out there for around the $300 dollar mark? i have a Nikon Monarch Gold and love it, but I traded for it and they are too pricy to buy a new one.Also, I can get a Bushnell Elite 4200 for the same price as these two, on sale. is it better then the other two scopes above?
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson

#2 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:14 PM

My new favorite scope-Nikon 6-18x40mm Sidefocus Buckmaster.http://www.midwayusa...ctNumber=123107Great varmint scope, to much mag for coyotes though. Great glass, mine was under $300. I think you get more glass for the $$$ with Nikon. I got the mildot because it was cheaper, but wish I had just the simple fine crosshairs. Still love it. I've been keeping it busy this spring on ground squirrels... :signs653wf:
"I grew up poor. It's the people who are born with money who jump out of windows."---Lee TrevinoDo NOT spread my wealth. Spread my work ethic.Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.Many people imply, with bad jokes, that Cajuns are unintelligent; however, anyone that would build a city 10 feet below sea level in a Hurricane zone and fill it with Democrats is a genius.

#3 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:14 PM

I have always sworn by Leupold's because that is all I ever owned and taught to own.. I did buy a Nikkon not to long ago (Sorry Grandpa) and I have to say, it's a very nice piece of glass.. I would buy what ever gives you the most bang for your buck! I think they are both very good optics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users