• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 daveinwoodland

daveinwoodland

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Obvious firearms and weapons. Computer networks and hardware Motorcycles (Street)

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:16 PM

Pretty happy, Won the auction on EBay for a new in box unit for 160.00. Can't wait to try it out.

#2 Marino

Marino

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:21 PM

Great price. I paid 2 bills.

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,674 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:24 PM

But the sounds you get depend on where and who you get them from too. So $200 might not be so bad if you get all of the sounds you want. Just saying.

#4 daveinwoodland

daveinwoodland

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Obvious firearms and weapons. Computer networks and hardware Motorcycles (Street)

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:31 PM

But the sounds you get depend on where and who you get them from too. So $200 might not be so bad if you get all of the sounds you want. Just saying.

Hey ShooterJohn,I did think about that but felt ok with the list. These were the ones it's coming with:Sounds Included:Coyote LocatorCoyote Male Challenge ScreamFemale Coyote Bark Howl 1Female Coyote Long Howl 2Coyote Pup ScreamCoyote Pup HowlScream-N Gray FoxJuvenile Red Fox DistressBobcat in HeatLighting JackJackrabbit DistressSnow Shoe 2Bay Bee CottontailAdult CottontailDistressed CalfWhitetail Buck Fawn 2Vole SqueaksRoar-N Red SquirrelPrairie Dog DistressLucky BirdRaspy Woodpecker Ranting Red BirdRaccoon FightCrow Fight

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,674 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:54 PM

That's all you'll need and more. How much was shipping? B)

#6 daveinwoodland

daveinwoodland

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:59 PM

Shipping was 9.95...I'm going to test it Saturday by work since I'm working.. we have a wildlife protected area and I've seen a couple of well fed dog adults walking around. Can't ever shoot them and I doubt they're call wise yet but should be fun just to see what happens.

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,674 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:16 AM

Have fun let us know how it goes. B)

#8 daveinwoodland

daveinwoodland

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:42 PM

Have fun let us know how it goes. :signlol2iu:

Couldn't go out ended up having a crisis at work. I think I'll just head out to my friend's ranch when I can and really give it a go.

#9 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:46 AM

I got a Spitfire coming direct from FoxPro and got almost the same load minus 6 calls that got replaced with turkey calls. I am getting another SD chip and programming another set of 24 calls. It has plenty of undistorted volume this is clearly a best bang for the buck caller. In the Cabela's store here in St. louis this weekend we were lucky enough to have the Spitfire, the Fury, a Prarie Blaster, and a Primos remote caller, a Western Rivers remote caller, and a Johnny Stweart Attractor all demo'd. When the new FoxPro's were tested smiles went to the crowds faces. Two things were intuitively obvious. The FoxPro's have a lot better speakers, sound quality, crispness and volume. I always had heard that but never had them used side-by-side. As importantly, the difference between the new generation of remote FoxPro transmitters and all of the other calls were huge. The Spitfire worked all of the way across the large Cabela's store we have as did the Blaster and the Fury. The others were a real let down and there was a lot of transmitter pointing and swinging going on to no avail. The cheap Johnny Stewart did better than the others but it had terrible distortion problems. There are also big differences in volumes and the Prarie Blaster was very impressive but also heavy with 8 D cells not to mention the $700. If I lived where there were big open areas I might have to save my pennies for the PB. Who else but Cabela's would demo all of the calls like that. They may be a little pricey but what a great store.

#10 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:24 PM

My Spitfire came today and the calls loaded were the same as daveinwoodland above except for the last 4 that are turkey hen calls. I have some turkeys are just starting to gobble behind my house in the woods so I will try it out tonight. The cats love it - especially the bobcat in heat and the fox screams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users