5 replies to this topic

#1 Haywood

Haywood

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

I got my new Spitfire yesterday (thanks Soreloser) I set it out about 60 yards or so, I think it's pretty loud and drove my daughters puppies nuts. I don't know from experience yet if it will call coyotes but it works wonders on old broads with nothing to do but worry about the noises coming from my yard.

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:29 PM

Let me lnow what kind of max range you get out of the Spitfire. Someone told me it is even better than the FX-3 and FX-5 on range with the new transmitter. The reviews on successful calling are good. Is it loud enough? I can pick one up locally for $172.Thanks,Brant

#3 daveinwoodland

daveinwoodland

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Obvious firearms and weapons. Computer networks and hardware Motorcycles (Street)

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:23 PM

I got my new Spitfire yesterday (thanks Soreloser) I set it out about 60 yards or so, I think it's pretty loud and drove my daughters puppies nuts. I don't know from experience yet if it will call coyotes but it works wonders on old broads with nothing to do but worry about the noises coming from my yard.

OMG I was drinking when I got to the last part. Now I have to swab my monitor dry. That was too funny!!! especially since my SpitFire should be here tomorrow.

#4 Haywood

Haywood

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:04 AM

Probably going out on sunday to really try it out. Seems pretty loud and the remote range is good (took it to my shop and the remote worked through boxes and walls and stuff). I'll let ya'll know how it goes if I go out this weekend.

#5 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:10 AM

The reviews are indeed pretty impressive on every site I have read. Seems to be a good unit with the new transmitter and programmability, and should handle my needs. The only problem seems to be it is completely out of stock here in St. Louis, Missouri. Even Cabela's is out since the units are new but I checked Bass Pro and about 5 other places that carry electronic callers and they were out too. I guess I will have to mail order one. In Missouri they close coyote season for a month during April to raise the pups. Then the season is unlimited.

#6 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:48 PM

works good had a coyote press his nose against the speaker horn. Who knows what he was thinking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users