17 replies to this topic

#1 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:53 PM

taken on phone i hope it comes outAttached File  2.jpg   18.75KB   47 downloadsHere is some better pictures taken with a real camera lolPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#2 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:58 PM

lol dont ask me how it shoots i was planning to go shoot it until my kid needed a new computer for college since hers went out.
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:04 PM

I fixed your picture for you Robert. It's easier to see.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:00 PM

That scope sure looks awfully high! I hope you can get some kind of groups with that set up. AR's are great rifles-good luck with yours!
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#5 Baxter

Baxter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:15 AM

Nice rifle, but you might need a higher cheek pad. I have looked through an acog with mini red dot on top and the cheek weld was non-existant.

#6 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:36 PM

i hope that the scope being that high will be okay, i can still use both sites which is what i kind of wanted. i dont know why though, i actually bore sited it pointing at something down the street. U guys think that the scope being that high will still work?? i can take the hand rail off but id like to be able to use both sites but dont ask me why though because i really dont know why either lol

#7 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:39 PM

thx john for fixing the pic by the way hehe

#8 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

do they make cheek pads that i can fit on the stock?? when i was fooling around with it the garage pointing at stuff it seems like a little adjustment as how i have to hold my head has to be done, but it didnt seem that bad. of course i dont know it it will change the point of impact of the bullet. i have a full site picture and i can see it fairly easy thru the 4x 12 as i scroll through it pretty good. but if i place my cheek to the stock fully i see the iron sites really fast it seems. so i dont know what to do lol

#9 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

Bumped up because of the new Pictures

#10 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

Just my opinion but if it were my AR, I'd decide whether you want to use the scope or the fixed sights. The reason I mentioned your scope being to high is that you won't be able to get the proper "cheek weld" to your rifle. Basically, you should be able to pick up your rifle with your eyes closed, shoulder it where you think it should be shouldered (everyone is different), place your cheek against the stock and when you open your scope eye-you should be looking down thru the scope without having to move the rifle. The cheek weld is just another contact point of your body that assists with steadying the rifle. With your current set up, I would imagine you as rubber necking your head up to look thru the scope but hey, it's your rifle and if you're comfortable with the set up and shoot it accurately, keep it that way. AR's are great rifles-keep shooting!
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#11 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:54 AM

If you have to raise your head off of the stock to see through the scope that is not a good situation. Forget about the iron sights and lower the scope or remove the scope and use the iron sights.
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#12 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:44 AM

Take the carry handle off and remount your scope on the picatinny rail.
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#13 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:54 AM

If I remove the handle I still have the front site to contend with though. I wouldn't think the scope would sit high enough to see right over the front site. Or, do you think it would be okay. I guess this would be as good of time to experiment with it since the scope is only bore sited now?

#14 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:56 AM

Well, I ordered a ar 15 cheek pad from black hawk. 32$ with shipping so, hopefully it will work okay with the rifle. I actually didn't seem to have that much difficulty without it even with the scope not being adjusted correctly. I move the mounts forward more which is much better then the first time I put it on. I took Baxter's suggestion about the cheek pad so we will see. Still I'd like to hear about what you guys think about dropping the hand rail but not sure if having the front iron site would it be able to see over it with the scope thx robert I'm tired and need to get some sleep

#15 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

If I remove the handle I still have the front site to contend with though. I wouldn't think the scope would sit high enough to see right over the front site. Or, do you think it would be okay. I guess this would be as good of time to experiment with it since the scope is only bore sited now?

Put on some high ring mounts and a scope over 4 power should look past your front post.
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#16 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:04 PM

Thanks I'll look into that next. I still trying to save up for the better scope too

#17 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:35 PM

I received the cheek pad today and it works great, I don't need to move my head at all with the scope up that high. I bought it on line from black hawk on line. Next week I hope to take it out and try it out again. I'm still working on breaking in the barrel.

#18 handgun

handgun

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Guns and Dogs

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:58 PM

Rude, Have you heard about the young bull and the old bull sitting on the hill, looking at all of the cows? The young bull says "Let's run down there and "get" us a cow"...the older bull say's lets walkdown there and "get" them all!!My point is (and I know how you feel) you have a brand new toy BUT listen to some of this advice, and walk your way to the exact gun you want.BTW it looks cool as hell!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users