• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Locnload

Locnload

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Interests:Deer hunting, and coyotes when the opportunity presents itself, (I don't have the calling thing down yet).

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:49 PM

I see Turner's is selling the Ruger P345 .45 ACP and was wondering what the thoughts are on Ruger semi-autos. I want a .45, but don't know that much about pistols. Thanks.

#2 SpotandStalk

SpotandStalk

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Sporting Clays.

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:32 PM

I have no experience with Ruger handguns, but...gasp...I avoid the .45 ACP as a caliber b/c I think it falls into the over-rated category and its ammo is over priced. SnS
"Would you vote for a woman as unqualified as Barack Obama?" -Hillary Clinton-"The best thing about the cash for clunkers program was it got thousands of the Obama stickers off the streets.""Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself." -Mark Twain-

#3 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:45 PM

I think they are OK guns, although I have heard they are not that accurate.My buddy just got a Rock Island Armory .45 for $525 out the door and I was surprised at how sweet it seems.

#4 fishandhunt4ever

fishandhunt4ever

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:I really love hunting and fishing. I am looking forward to making friends from this web community and share information that can be helpful.

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:24 AM

Go with a Glock 21. Reliable, and many accessories that you can add on to it.

#5 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:53 AM

But you can't shoot cheap with cast bullets in a Glock - so get a Sig! .45 overrated - lmao!!

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#6 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:35 AM

I have a Ruger semi-auto in 45ASP and another in 9mm for my daughter. Both have given me(and her) zero problems. I guess accuracy depends on the shooter. Mine can be accurate or not. It all seems to depend on who is shooting them. :o I like the way they fit and shoot. I also like the price. I also have other semi-auto pistols including a Colt 1911 and a number of mil surplus ones. I do not think you will be unhappy with a Ruger.If anything is over-rated it would have to be the 9mm to me.

#7 fishandhunt4ever

fishandhunt4ever

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:I really love hunting and fishing. I am looking forward to making friends from this web community and share information that can be helpful.

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

No round is over-rated. Every person has its own designated round. .45acp vs. 9mm, .40cal, is a long lasting debate that I believe will never end until the .46acp is invented.

#8 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:07 AM

I think they are OK guns, although I have heard they are not that accurate.My buddy just got a Rock Island Armory .45 for $525 out the door and I was surprised at how sweet it seems.

RIA makes a great gun.
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users