Photo

Carrying a NON-concealed weapon (pistol) in Ca.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Marino

Marino

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:18 PM

I know you need a CCW to carry concealed, but what about open carry in Ca.? Can someone give me a brief exp.? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:20 PM

Google is your friend. http://www.californiaopencarry.org/

#3 Marino

Marino

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:14 PM

Excellent link.

#4 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

Google is your friend. http://www.californiaopencarry.org/

Yep and if you open carry in the wrong jurisdiction or if the local LEO is having a bad day, you and your lawyer will become very good friends. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#5 fishandhunt4ever

fishandhunt4ever

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:I really love hunting and fishing. I am looking forward to making friends from this web community and share information that can be helpful.

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:30 AM

It has become a very controversial issue in Ca. Read some of the PD memos and you will see how it varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. With all the inmates being released here soon, and cutbacks with PD's, it will be interesting to see how many gun owners will want to open carry.

#6 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:36 AM

It should be the same in every jurisdiction since it is a state law - its just LEOs that don't know the law or have their own agenda that is the problem.We need to make CA a shall issue state!

#7 microtus

microtus

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Interests:About average for everybody else in here.

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:17 PM

Everything you would need to know is herehttp://californiaopencarry.org/

#8 tkleveno51

tkleveno51

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:59 PM

im good friends with a police officer, and the law is that it can be on your hip UNLOADED and in the open. you can have the magazine on the other hip, its a very wierd thing to see, and all the cops hate this idea cause anyone that has a gun can do this even the low life people that shouldnt own a gun or got it illegaly can do this, and it just makes cops life a little bit more stressful seeing this happen

#9 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:32 PM

...and all the cops hate this idea...

It's the law, they can get used to it. I don't see the need to change the law because a LEO is scared. I'm betting that the good guy is wearing open-carry and the bad guy probably has his hidden.

#10 tkleveno51

tkleveno51

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:20 PM

no matter what when a cop sees a gun on someone they will have to run a million situations through there head, they dont know that the guy is good or bad, so either way its a tough situation. i know its the law and we all have to live with it

#11 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:18 PM

no matter what when a cop sees a gun on someone they will have to run a million situations through there head, ...

That's good practice, the CCW crowd needs to perform the same scenario practice. Always play "What If?".

#12 yote man

yote man

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

ok so here are my thoughts on this i might be a young buck to most of you a 23 years old but i know my gun laws yes you are alowed to cary with no mag in the open and a clip on your other hip but as it is your right what happend in starbucks was wrong i am a firm beliver in the second ammendent and a member of both the nra and crpa but i just dont belive the general public is ready for it i belive that they should make ccw easier to get that way the people still halfto get training and you dont have idiots running around with guns who dont know how to use them

#13 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:40 PM

I am afraid with the open -carry movement comes a public vote, which the laws hopes for to BAN ALL OPEN-CARRY. The general public is scared to death of firearms. Its like it will jump up and kill someone on its own. Fish and Game ultimate is to ban all types of hunting. We need to get the NRA to nip this stuff in the bud.

#14 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:42 PM

Yes it would be nice to see the NRA be of more help to California. As of lately the news about the NRA has not been really great. I hope NRA doesent stand for Not Readily Available. In either case I agree that the General public will not take to open carry very easily.

#15 yoteblaster

yoteblaster

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Huntin' yotes, Huntin', fishin', Atv'n, Campin', shootin'Military history

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:51 PM

Since The Repulic of Kaliforniastan is in a heaping bowl of dew doo...lets all pick up and invest in Arizona. I moving as soon as I let my wife know! lol It sounds like Arizona has their poo together! (immigrant laws, open carry and now concealed carry!) :roflmao3[1]: :rolleyes:

#16 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:18 PM

What happens though if someone was going to attack you while you were carrying can you still use it. Stupid ? but, If you killed the bad guy will the law saw now you are bad and some lawyer comes out and says that you were not licensed so now you go to jail? I would think though a sensible cop would rather know who is packing then with a ccw. Not saying that either one would shoot a cop, but not knowing who has what brings up a lot of concern.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users