11 replies to this topic

#1 HogHunter714

HogHunter714

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:52 AM

I have a 09 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI X2 and it has been an awesome rig. I am pretty much sold on Polaris's AWD system. I am sellin my sportsman and gettin a UTV. I need more room and to hold 3 riders. What's your thoughts on the Rangers? I'm lookin at 2010 800cc EFI....

#2 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:07 AM

I got the ranger 700 when it came out.. I love it. havent ridden my 700 quad since getting the ranger.. Its comfortable, though if you pack stuff inside it like I do youll still only fit 2 people.. it will hold 3 but kinda tight with your gear..Mine has the full cab..

#3 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:34 PM

Save your money and wait for the 2011 models. They'll have better engines, bigger displacements and better safety for everyone.

#4 SpotandStalk

SpotandStalk

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Hunting of all types, 3D-Archery and Sporting Clays.

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:43 PM

I got the Ranger XP in the 700 when it came out. I've had no issues with room, comfort, power, or suspension. It seats three 200lb adults easily, but I prefer to drive with one passenger so I can put maps, backpack etc in the middle seatbelt. In 08, I shot a moose in Idaho and loaded it in 8 game bags and drove it out no problems with myself and my father who are 400+ lbs between the two of us. SnS

#5 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:59 AM

the new ones are comming out looking like a low rider, everytime they make safety changes they lower them and people still find a way to get hurt in them. mybe we should just out law everything and go back to horses. oh wait a minute people died on those things too forget that idea, stay home and play on the computer or watch tv so much safer :signs1180lq:

#6 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:04 AM

I have the 2010 Polaris ranger( browning with winch) full camo, it has never let me down and goes almost anywhere Lots of room

#7 Nalgi

Nalgi

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:11 AM

I'd sell my corvette before my Ranger!

#8 HogHunter714

HogHunter714

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:09 PM

How does the Ranger handle going down "Steep Hills"? I know the machine does not have engine braking, but will low gear and riding the 4 wheel disc brakes get the job done safely? I read somewhere on the internet, that you have to ride the brakes and feather the gas to keep the rpms up so the clutch does not disenage and you "freewheel" down the steep hill. Any experiences from you Ranger owners?

#9 packhorse9

packhorse9

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:pigs, turkey,varmints, 4 wheeling, motorcycles, classic cars. target shooting,

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:23 PM

Hi, I have a ranger 08 6x6 love it and you do need to apply a little gas to keep clutch engaged but not the brakes once you get used to it no big deal. i use mine for work and play and it always does the job i keep it in Idaho and theres no where it wont go,, or job it doesn't help on. Dave

#10 SpotandStalk

SpotandStalk

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Hunting of all types, 3D-Archery and Sporting Clays.

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:58 PM

On mine, you do have to tap the gas or gently press the gas to keep it under power. The first couple times driving it...it is a little different pressing the gas slightly to slow down. Once you get familiar with the process it becomes 2nd nature and is nice to have the choice to coast with no compression or touch the pedal and have plenty compression.SnS

#11 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:13 AM

pretty soon all ohv will be hanging on the walls like trophies once they are outlawed or taxed in such a way as only the very rich can afford them. but ill keep mine for the kids to bounce up and down on :rolleyes:

#12 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:44 AM

the new ones are comming out looking like a low rider, everytime they make safety changes they lower them and people still find a way to get hurt in them. mybe we should just out law everything and go back to horses. oh wait a minute people died on those things too forget that idea, stay home and play on the computer or watch tv so much safer :roflmao3[1]:

At least UTV's dont freak out over nothing... I was riding my "bomb proof" mustang through some thick stuff and a branch got under her tail... I got my 8 second ride in before being introduced to the ground, and she managed to continue bucking for about 30 seconds after my departure from her back, tearing my reins and messing up my saddle!!! Stupid animals....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users