9 replies to this topic

#1 hunting guy

hunting guy

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:17 PM

After debating for a long time about what riflescope to get, I had finally come to a decision. HAD, that is. A leupold Vx-1 or Nikon Buckmasters. Then I got a new Natchez catalog and saw a Vortex Diamondback 3-9x40. They have an amazing warranty, and I have heard good things about Vortex binoculars. Would theses scopes meet or exceed the clarity and performance of the Leupold Vx-1 or Nikon Buckmasters? They look like good scopes. Curse that Natchez catalog, curse it! :welcomeani:
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson

#2 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:18 PM

I have This Vortex scope on my .204After experiencing the quality and clarity of my two Vortex binoculars I felt I couldn't go wrong with their scopes. In short I love the thing -and would not hesitate to buy another.

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#3 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:21 PM

You can't go wrong with Vortex. I have one mounted on my 6.5-284.You're looking at the target at 225 yards.Posted Image
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#4 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:29 AM

It looks like someone put a target on the moon for you! :)

#5 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,769 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:58 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking. :)
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#6 hunting guy

hunting guy

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:29 PM

So does this mean that you who have it would take it over a lower-end Leupold or Nikon?
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson

#7 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:13 PM

Absolutely!Do a web search on the newer Leupold scopes and read up on the opinions that this brand is falling behind in the quality Dept. - not what they used to be. I don't own any Leupold scopes, just Bushnell, Bausch & Lomb & Redfield on various rifles.I'm a big Nikon fan in general, but my Vortex blows away the Nikon Scopes...

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#8 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:19 PM

Vortex are made by the same factory that build the Nikon. I won't be surprised if both scope used the same components. I have nothing but good luck with Leupold scopes. But then again I never own any of their newer low end scope line either. I think that's where the problem lies.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#9 hunting guy

hunting guy

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:34 PM

Remember, the scope I want to get is the Vortex Diamondback, not the Viper. It is the middle-of-the-line moddle for Vortex. The other is out of my price range. Still better than a Nikon Buckmasters, or too close to call?

#10 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

I'm pretty sure the Diamondback will be comparable to the Buckmaster or even better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users