23 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:19 PM

I just bought a Sig mosquito 22 lr all black model. I really like the feel of it.I wanted something I could plink ,hunt and do matches with so the sig is what I went with.I get to pick it up on 3-5.

#2 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:31 PM

I have a Sig P220 and I love it!! Congrat's on your new toy.. Give us a review once you get to shoot it.

#3 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:32 PM

Nice!! Hope you enjoy the pistol!
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#4 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:29 PM

My P220 is my favorite handgun by far! Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#5 SpotandStalk

SpotandStalk

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Sporting Clays.

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:39 PM

I'm looking forward to your review on the squito...I know several people who have them and they all have strong opinions. SnS
"Would you vote for a woman as unqualified as Barack Obama?" -Hillary Clinton-"The best thing about the cash for clunkers program was it got thousands of the Obama stickers off the streets.""Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself." -Mark Twain-

#6 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

Now after I bought it I have read a few people are having feeding issues but I was told it needs to be broken in with cci mini mags .I held it in the gun shop and it felt good and felt like a full size center fire handgun .Since it was a SIG I just figured it would be fine. I held the walters but the grips are to short I didn't like them.If it acts up I am sure the sig forums will be able to help me fix it.A little ramp polish should help to I will wait and see first I don't want to jump ito conclusions.I wanted a 22 semi auto for awhile now my xd-40 is just to darn expensive to plink with.

#7 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:50 PM

I'm looking forward to your review on the squito...I know several people who have them and they all have strong opinions. SnS

Is that good or bad opinions?

#8 Yateswell

Yateswell

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:01 PM

Congrats, hope you like it.I have one and like it very much. But this gun is very picky on ammo, I only use federal bulk which is fine for my gun, only have few FTF orFTE, but I heard a lot of people have HUGE problem with their gun, it;s kind of love or hate relation.You're right about sig forums , there are ton of info about this gun, there is a guy with screen name "mississippidave" know this gun inside and out, check him out. Two things I've learned about is to LIGHTLY oil ammo and polish the feed ramp, that seems take care of the FTF problem.Good luck with your baby.

#9 SpotandStalk

SpotandStalk

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Sporting Clays.

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:51 PM

Is that good or bad opinions?

The opinions have all been related to the feeding "issue." If you can figure it out, I'd share the remedy with others. :smiley-funny-post-sign: SnS
"Would you vote for a woman as unqualified as Barack Obama?" -Hillary Clinton-"The best thing about the cash for clunkers program was it got thousands of the Obama stickers off the streets.""Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself." -Mark Twain-

#10 airgunny

airgunny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 05:27 PM

i'm really a 1911 guy but i still want a sig. i'd like a 229 in .40.i've shot a 228 in 9mm and a 229 in .357 sig.very accurate well made pistols.good balance-fit-form-finish. :lol:
weapons are nothing but tools to be used properly. like any other tool.

#11 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:58 AM

I've got a P220 and a Mosquito and love them both! My P220 shoots flawless, and is my CCW gun (Utah License). My Mosquito does have occasional FTF issues though - usually it's one click-no-bang round out of each magazine. Had one failure to feed once. I've only got a few hundred rounds of CCI Mini Mags through it though, so it should break in with use. We also have the option of sending our Mosquitos to GrayGuns for their Mosquito Action Package:Mosquito Action Package (MAP) – $185Grayguns is now offering Function, Feed and Reliability work on the Sig Sauer Mosquito pistol. This new package includes the following:Best Grade Feed and Reliability workDA/SA trigger pull clean upTest Firing and Sight regulationTo date, we’ve been able to get every Mosquito we’ve worked on to function as near to perfect as possible with CCI Mini Mag ammunition.

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#12 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:43 PM

2 more days tell pick up I can't wait :smiley-outta-here:

#13 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:34 PM

Very bad ejection problems .I am not using cci mini mag and those are the ones needed to break it in.I will find some mini mags if it still has problems I will trade it back to the gun shop. It will be just a lessen learned.:signs653wf:

#14 Yateswell

Yateswell

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:52 PM

Sorry to hear this.Try federal bulk, that's what I use. I was at range yesterday and fired a box of 525 rounds, there were couple of FTFs, but no FTEs at all. Also swtich the recoil spring ( it should come with 2 springs), may be that will help.

#15 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:31 PM

Ok found the right ammo WInchester super X it eat them up like candy wow I had so much fun shooting that sig.On single action I can spit those suckers out quick!If any one one to get together on the week end and shoot some 22s I have a range in stevinson in the county of merced I am west of the city. let me know and we can get together,

#16 Yateswell

Yateswell

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:14 PM

Nice, glad it worked out for you. It is a lot fun to shoot 22s, I went thought a box of 525 rounds in less than 1.5 hours. You're too far from me otherwise we can meet up and have some fun plinking.

#17 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:42 PM

Two things I've learned about is to LIGHTLY oil ammo and polish the feed ramp,...

You shouldn't need to oil your ammo, but you might need to polish the chamber or remove burrs from the rear end of the chamber.

#18 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:40 PM

Up date !This is a very picky gun to shoot.I am having issues of the slide not picking up a round from the mag.I am very close to trading it off and taking a loss.I wish I researched this gun more but the name brand threw me for a loop when I saw the name SIG I thought heck it should be a good gun right ? wrong!!! :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#19 Yateswell

Yateswell

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:57 PM

It could be the mag, I heard the polymer mag is better than the metal one. Call Sig customer service and may be they can send you a polymer mag.

#20 autocrosser78

autocrosser78

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, and everything gun related.

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:08 AM

have you tried conacting sig I had a friend that sent his gun to them and they made it function better.

#21 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:37 PM

I have not called sig yet.I am still hoping it will work it self out with more rounds put threw it.I wanted a Ruger semi auto 5 inch barrel the gun shop use to have a few going for 280.00 but the day I was in there they were out.

#22 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:49 PM

My wife got me a P220 in .45 caliber for my 50th birthday. Right out of the box it out shot my Colt 1911 that I had accurized by Terry Tussey. I love the Sig and I wish you the best with yours too. Contact Sig and they should get you squared away. I can't imagine them not taking good care of their customers. You deserve to be satisfied with your gun's performance. It may need a tweak here and there. They'll know what to do. Don't take a loss on it.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#23 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:04 PM

Ok I bought some federal 40 gr vital shock the Sig mosquito shot great no problems at all.Anything under 40 grs does not recoil the gun enough for the slide to cycle completely that's why I had failure to grab a round off the mag.I am sure I can rabbit hunt with it this cotton tail season.

#24 Yateswell

Yateswell

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:10 PM

There you go. glad it worked out for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users