Photo

Who uses an electronic caller?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you use an electronic caller? (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Yes or No?

1. Yes (53 votes [81.54%])

Percentage of vote: 81.54%

2. No (12 votes [18.46%])

Percentage of vote: 18.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:04 AM

I use a mix of ecallers and hand callers. Also, I use the Predator Supreme decoy (not Wayne as I don't have feathers on it yet). My hand calls are used with the ecaller so that I can create different noises at the same time. Helps to tell a story when calling.Youngster - I thought you tested your ecaller when you were fishing at Pyramid lake just the other day?Darren

#32 onecoyote

onecoyote

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting, fishing, gold prospecting and rock collecting.

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:15 AM

RayGun, I think you and Frank H. were making cassette e-callers and remotes before they ever came out to the public. They had the 45 record players and even 8 track e-players in the 60s and 70s but not cassettes.I don't know who made it, but I remember the "Coyote Coffin" back in the 70s. It was a remote e-caller in a ammo box powered by some C battiers as I remember. Do I use remot e-callers, hell yes. You blow on a hand call long enough and you'll probably change your mind too. :blink:

#33 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:00 AM

You blow on a hand call long enough and you'll probably change your mind too. :)

Or go deaf! :)

#34 bentbarrel

bentbarrel

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:shootin

Posted 16 February 2007 - 01:54 PM

i used my 4 month old boy once, the lil woman didnt care for that too much though. im tempted to get an electronic rig one day, but for now the hand call is nuff and easy to tote.

#35 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 03:30 PM

I thought I'd move this back up for some of our newer members.

#36 300wsm

300wsm

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:54 PM

I've been doing this for 20+ years, with mouth call only, and I get alot of satisfaction knowing I called the critter in with my skill and abillity. I've gone with guys that use E-callers, and to me it's just not the same,are we going to see remote control guns on the market next? ,,,300wsm

#37 NVWalt

NVWalt

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fly fishing, kitebugging, photography, astronomy, hot springing, looking at as many beautiful women as possible.

Posted 26 January 2008 - 06:37 AM

Those e-callers work and work well but I still like calling them in and wacking them using my own calls I make. After having hunted over e-callers from back when Johnny Stewart had the old 45 records up to an FX3 I still derive greater satisfaction knowing I coaxed them in with just my mouth calls or lip squeeks. But you can't arque with success and those e-callers will call them in. A lot of contest guys use them I know...Walt

#38 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:30 PM

Im still too cheap to buy one my hand calls work and I like making awful anoing noises :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: I would use one if I had one . I need computer lessons :signs653wf:

#39 Robs223

Robs223

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:48 PM

WOW After reading these responses I can see I'll be the first one to say im using my new Foxpro XR6.

#40 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:15 PM

I have a Minaska Ultimate One. It's been great so far and has a built-in decoy. It has the volume to get out there if I need it. Sometimes I start off with mouth calls and then let the electronic caller take over.

#41 onecoyote

onecoyote

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:45 PM

Who really cares...Hand call vs e-caller. Go out there and enjoy what God gave you.

#42 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:09 AM

If I have a really smart coyote that I am trying to kill I prefer the hand calls . the only advantage i see to electronic call is that you change the situation from calling them to YOU ,to setting up an ambush. i prefer my sounds on the e-calers ,but still not as good as the old stand-by hand calls.

#43 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:35 PM

I use both.. in a couple of instances they would respond to hand calls, and not the Caller.. I think both are very useful tools..

#44 Charles Shawley

Charles Shawley

Plinker

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Ballistics
    Hunting
    Predator Hunting
    Guiding
    Writing
    Guitar
    Reading
    Competitive Softball

Posted 01 February 2008 - 02:02 PM

Here is what I use. Many government hunters use it as well. I am willing to bet that if you tried it, you would throw away your FoxPro and any other electronic callers that you had.http://www.wildlifet...es/product.html

#45 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 02:23 PM

If you're happy with it that's great. But those things are way over priced for my taste. Model KAS-2030 $849.00. This price includes the remote control wildlife caller and 32 (studio grade) wildlife sounds of your choice. You go broke buying from their sound library. Additional sounds cost $33.00 per sound and you can't add any of your own sounds to the library! Of course I would never drive a real Hummer either because it's an over priced Jeep. They supposedly have excellent sound quality but if that's what it took to get coyotes then how are people with a hand call doing so well? I've heard the owner of the company isn't very well liked in the predator hunting community either. As he was originally from North Carolina I know coyotes aren't that thick there. I hear their customer service sucks too. Man I don't mean to trash your caller but customer service and a down to earth price mean so much more to most people. This review went badly sorry. :eck05:

#46 socal shooter

socal shooter

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 02:38 PM

wow thats alot of dough. too rich for my blood.

#47 onecoyote

onecoyote

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:56 PM

Yeah it sure is pricy. The WT don't call critters any better then a FoxPro, Minaska or a JS caller or even an old 8 track. Bill Martz on the internet said his caller would out call 5 to 1 the amount of animals any caller on the market would. He was challenged many time on that statement and never responded because he knew he couldn't. Yep, the expert predator caller from North Carolina meets his match. He found some real predator callers from out west.Mr. Martz sent my hunting partner and I one of his callers to field test it for him, we thought that was nice of him. We tried it out a few times and thought the caller was to bulky, but it would work just fine. Since that time he has made the caller smaller and has the best sound library in the business. But his caller is not worth that kind of money, unless your rich.Government hunters ( ADC ) usually trap, poision or shoot coyotes from the air, most do not use predator calling as a major tool of the trade, they have better ways, how do I know that? Just take my word for it. Like I said before, just go hunting, who cares about what's best..............I just had to say something about the WT though lol.

#48 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:23 PM

I use both mouth calls and e-caller here are a few of my favorites.Attached File  1.jpg   36.36KB   3 downloads

#49 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:29 PM

And at $23.00 a sound... the Coyotes better load themselves into the back of the truck too ! lol

#50 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:55 PM

No, that was $33.00 a sound. :signgreatreport3kg: And Danny, thanks for Bill's last name I knew it started with an M but I couldn't remember it to save my live.

#51 H&Knightreaper

H&Knightreaper

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Coyotes, Ground squirls, Pig

Posted 01 February 2008 - 09:23 PM

I've used a cassette caller for about 15 years, I just sold it a few months ago and bought a Western Rivers mp3 caller, but I still carry two hand calls all the time. It amazes me but when the e caller doesn't bring them in, the old reliable hand call still gets them. If you can put a price on air from your lungs and the original cost of a hand call I think it works out to be 100 calls/$.01. Quite a bargain.

#52 204destroyer

204destroyer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 08:33 PM

I use the Foxpro 5 and also mouth calls. Seems like when the wind is really howling I have better luck with the mouth calls.

#53 bryanhardie

bryanhardie

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:13 PM

Is there any place online where you can dowload the calls? I think I saw a guy's web page where he built a homebrew with an mp3 player and portable speakers.

#54 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:54 PM

Do you mean the sounds? All over. Just Google up predator/coyote MP3's and you'll find several.

#55 predatortech223

predatortech223

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:33 PM

yes I been user a sportsman's specialty e-call lately and have had good results with dogs and bob cats. but I still think it is a lot more exciting to use a mouth call.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users