• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:56 AM

We have been using a wired electronic caller somewhat successfully for about 5 yrs but want to graduate to a remote caller with at least several hundred feet of range (if they exist). My son's project to create a remote home one has failed from the cost standpoint so we are looking at a commerical one. Which ones are the slickest things out that actually works? Given the amount of coyote hunting we do (bi-weekly) I have set the budget at $500 or less. We tend to be heavily wooded and hilly with relatively small open areas (maybe 3 - 5 acres) rather than vast open areas like out west but occasionally larger fields (up to maybe 50 acres). With our wired caller the coyotes tend to come to almost anything at times.It must be wireless! We are tired of messing with the wire.

#2 ffcoyote

ffcoyote

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:24 AM

I've got a Foxpro Scorpion with an SP-55 speaker that I attached to it that works well, but in heavily wooded and hilly terrain I won't get several hundred feet out of it, I might get 150' depending on my position in relation to the caller.

#3 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:29 AM

Thanks. It sounds like the Scorpion and the speaker are still less expensive than the FX5. I guess if there is any issue it would be that you always need the remote but I hardly see that as much of an issue.

#4 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:32 AM

Funny review on MidwayUSA of the Scorpion... Bad Coyote of GP , ORDate posted: 12/15/2008I have a complaint: This call works too good. I had a coyote sneak in and grab the call and take it to go! It was a $500.00 meal that he never got to enjoy. I now make sure that it is secured with the hand string or hang it out of reach.

#5 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:48 AM

A coworker is telling me he really likes the Western Rivers Apache Game Caller w/ remote for $299. Anyone know anything about it?

#6 Soreloser

Soreloser

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Anything Archery and of course my 22-250 vs. coyotes..

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:29 PM

I have both a Fury and an FX3 in stock right now that I can have to you in a week. As a CPC member I can save you tax and shipping on either unit plus a slight discount. PM me for more information.The FX5 is no longer being produced.

#7 Possumal

Possumal

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:57 PM

I'd recommend the Foxpro CS-24 to you without hesitation. Great caller, great sound, great remote.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users