4 replies to this topic

#1 JRW

JRW

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:54 AM

The other day a family member asked if i had any use for a bag full of .38 ammo. i have a .357 mag that i shoot .38 special out of sometimes so i said yes and was givin the bag. i just dumped the bag out and i notices that it is mostly .38 S&W and only a few .38 special. can i shoot the .38 S&W out of my .357 Mag or should i just find someone with a .38 S&W and share the wealth :653:

#2 GVOllie

GVOllie

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:12 AM

.38 S&W is a shorter round than the standard .38 special. I don't know if it will work for a .357, but if you find you have no need for it, shoot me a PM and let me know how much you'd like for it. The wife's nightstand pistol is a .38 S&W, and she is down to a couple dozen rounds left.

#3 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:30 AM

Good question. I have one that will shoot several different 38s but the others I don't know about. Maybe ask the manufacturer.

#4 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:32 AM

Found the answer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.38_S%26WCan't use it as the bullet diameter is slightly larger than 38sp/357

#5 JRW

JRW

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:28 PM

Thanks for the help guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users