4 replies to this topic

#1 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:59 PM

Opinions? Was gonna go Leupold but these look good too. I think the eye relief on the Leupold may sway me to stick with them though. This is for a 22-250.

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,756 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:13 PM

Bruce, I just gotta ask. Why, when there are two, maybe three, ongoing discussions of scopes, is it necessary to start another thread asking the same question over again? Just wondering, don't you read the other threads?
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#3 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:38 PM

Opinions? Was gonna go Leupold but these look good too. I think the eye relief on the Leupold may sway me to stick with them though. This is for a 22-250.

I briefly owned one. I ended up trading it to a friend for a VariX-III 4.5X14X50. The scope has no markings as to the origin of manufacture. I suspect a lot of component came from Asia and assembled probably here or maybe somewhere else. It's not the same as the original Fulfilled scope that were made in Colorado. However, the glass is clear and it looks well made. I haven't had a chance to use it in the field though, since it was mounted on a rifle that I hardly use. My friend has it now in his -06, and time will tell how it's going to perform. I heard Burris warranty is a little iffy. Something to reconsider if decide to get one.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#4 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:22 PM

Have one at the present. Bought it new and have owned it for about four yrs. Not much use. It has always lived on a Bullberry 17 Mach IV barrel for one of my Contenders. Used it for a PD trip to WY and took PD out to about 270 yds with a pistol configuration. The Ballistic Plex is just three simple dots on the lower cross hair. No regrets and no problems. Have several other Burris pistol and rifle scopes and have had no problems with them. :)

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#5 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:58 PM

I have had no trouble with burris. BUT get the Leupold. I only use Leupold scopes on hunting firearms not including what I can fun and/or fairweather less important firearms. Even those would have Leupolds or Nightforce scopes if I could afford to outfit all my scoped firearms with them.Example : I do not hunt game in any weather with my mini14 and mini30 or one of my varmit rifles so they have other brand scopes such as weaver/Burris/simmons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users