3 replies to this topic

#1 hunting guy

hunting guy

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:11 PM

I was leafing through a cabelas catalog the other day and found a claim that Hornady's Custom Rifle Ammo will have better accuracy than any handload 9 times out of 10. Could this be true? They aren't even that exspensive to buy. Would the 150 grains in 30-06 be good knock down a deer at 300-400 yards? Anybody have experience with these loads, 30-06 or not? Are they accurate and/or good for hunting?

#2 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:38 PM

I have only shot a few 204Ruger rounds of their ammo. It was good. I like Hornady bulletsespecially the SST and Interbond. I shot their regular interlock bullets for many years. They all work well. Hornady makes excellent bullets. "I" prefer to load Nosler,Swift,Hornady and one Speer bullet for my shooting. I handload everything I shoot and only buy factory ammo(expect surplus for fun) to compare against my handloads over my chronograph. If you do not handload thier factory ammo would be a good choice. Thier Superperformance line will give you an aditional 150-200+FPS over normal ammo without extra recoil and pressures.The 150gr interlock or prefer SST bullet in 30-06/308win/300mag would be my choice for most hunting such as deer/pronghorns.

#3 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:33 PM

i like hornady products period. I shot a yote with a 150 from hornady that i hand loaded and it did a number on him, to the point i felt kind of bad actually. makes me think i should have done a head shot, it would have been a less mess. :signgreatreport3kg:

#4 SpotandStalk

SpotandStalk

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Hunting of all types, 3D-Archery and Sporting Clays.

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:04 PM

I don't handload, so I can't compare Hornady with handloads, but I shoot the Hornady VMax in my 204 b/c they're much more accurate than Rem Accutips, Rem PSP's, or any other .204 ammo I've put through my rifle.SnS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users