2 replies to this topic

#1 hunting guy

hunting guy

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:32 PM

I have read some good reviews on the Bushnell Sportsman 4-12x40 and I'm thinking of buying one. I would not be using this scope for hunting, just for "plinking" - if you can call it that- with an old .308 that I have. I will be shooting at 100-200 yards. Will it stand up to the recoil of a .308? Are the optics that great? I can't find a scope with as good reviews for under $70, do you guys know of any?

#2 airgunny

airgunny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:20 PM

i can't give too much help here, however,i have the banner model 4-12x40 and i like it.i had it briefly on my match M1A but took it off(the tube wasn't long enough for good eye relief)i have had it on my rimfire rifles with dead on accuracy.it currenty sits on my min-14 awating a trip to the range.IMO i don't see why it wouldn't hold up to .308.my point, after being on my M1A it still works.i am well aware that bolt action is a more stout recoil.

#3 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:35 PM

The sportsveiw were good for one thing.........breaking. The banner was better. The sportsview was like buying a Trashco. You can expect it to give you trouble. I do have a banner 4X12 and it has worked fine on several fun guns for me. All of my "hunting/serious" firearms have Leupolds and my 50bmg's have Nightforce NXS scopes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users