• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DocEarp

DocEarp

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Offroading, fishing and my dogs.

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:04 PM

Should I jump on this offer? It is the synthetic stock 12g. I know they just went out of business.

#2 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:17 PM

My gut feeling is no, for a few dollars more you can get a Mossy or Remington.Just my 2 cents
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#3 Ed Lacy

Ed Lacy

Predator

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Interests:Family, hunting, fishing, motorcycles, reloading.

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:44 PM

+1 what Bob just said.......

#4 DocEarp

DocEarp

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Offroading, fishing and my dogs.

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:53 PM

got it. I would rather get a remi or mossy. the gun was light, but had that feel to it.

#5 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:34 PM

Hey Doc, I just traded a guy for a Mossberg 500A combo and let me tell you it feels sweet. I do have a couple of Remingtons and 870 that is in the shop due to having a back case of the "Remington slam" where you have to slam it on the ground to get the spend casing out. All caused by too tight of tolerance in the chamber. I also have a 1100 semi auto which is sweet.
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#6 GVOllie

GVOllie

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:29 AM

I've never owned a Charles Daly, so the only thing I know about them is what I have read, and that is like most other things.: Those that like them think they are the best and those who don't think they are the worst. The only thing I wanted to draw attention to since I considered this offer as well is that this price is for the semi auto. Bronco suggested that a Mossberg or Remington could be had for a "few dollars" more. Perhaps there is some deal out there that I am not aware of, but since I just bought my Mossberg in the last two months, I would have jumped all over one that was "a few dollars more" than $299.I am not disagreeing that a Mossberg or Remington would be a better buy, just that for $300 (or so), you probably aren't going to get the semi auto.

#7 autocrosser78

autocrosser78

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, and everything gun related.

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:49 AM

For an inexpensive entry level semi auto I don't think that you would be dissapointed. The only thing I would be worried about would be if the company was out of buisness, who would take care of warranty work?

#8 GVOllie

GVOllie

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:18 AM

Agreed. Their web site states that they are negotiating with other companies to handle service issues, and when they find someone they will post it on www.CharlesDalyForum.com. I'm not sure how much of a comfort that is when you don't have someone to call (or sue for that matter). Big 5 has them on sale this week for $269 for the semi-auto. Almost hard to go wrong at that price...

#9 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:19 AM

One thing that I would consider is that KBI (Charles Daly) just filed for bankruptcy so if someone picks up their name they don't have to honor any warranties.
Frank
One rifle, one planet. Holland's 375
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users