7 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff213

Jeff213

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:49 PM

I was looking at a buckmark at the local gun shop and the guy behind the counter said it may not cycle anything but the hyper velocity rounds. I have quite a bit of federal bulk ammo sitting around and am curious does anyone shoot this stuff through your buckmark, and how does it do?

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:59 PM

I have two Buckmarks (Hunter and SS Target) and have been shooting them maybe an average of 3x/week for about 2 yrs now with easily several thousand rounds through each. I am wondering if the guy meant the opposite. Don't shoot hyper velocity rounds (I have never tried them)?? We shoot informal target matches every month and I always use CCI Standard velocity ammo for the most consistency. I can't remember having a jam but I clean my guns after every use. You will get an occasional bad round out of any of the bulk ammo and that affects my Marlin semi-auto rifles as well but I shoot the bulk Federal occiasionally w/o problems. I also shoot Blazer, Federal Champion, WInchester Super X, and CCI High Velocity and others w/o problems.These are great target guns with Bushnell Holosights and the thumb grips... Attached File  1.jpg   15.62KB   32 downloads

#3 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:36 PM

I'm not sure about Browning, but I know Ruger says to NOT shoot hypervelocity ammo in their pistols. I think the guy behind the counter has his head in his behind!

#4 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:00 PM

+1 for the guy not knowing. I have 2 buckmarks and have shot everything thru them. except sub-sonic which I plan to try soon. I have not had any problems except one of them does not like the CCI Stinger but they both shoot reg/high and other brands of hyper speed ammo. I have used mostly bulk ammo for quite a number of years but still have 10,000+- of the 50 round boxes left.I would not worry about it not feeding/cycling with almost any ammo you feed it. Heck and I do not clean mine very often either. They are good pistols as are the Rugers which I have one of. Truth be told I prefer the Browning Buckmark.

#5 Jeff213

Jeff213

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:28 AM

Man, this is a hard decision! I finally got a job yesterday and I can't decide which .22 handgun I will get first. There are so many good options out there.I really like sa/da revolvers but they seem to be a little bit out of my price range. I guess I could just save up cash though.The browning buckmark is very nice as well.The ruger mark II is incredibly durable and I like the firing pin block so it isn't damaged by dry firing.I like the concept of the ruger single six, but the grips are kind of small for my giant hands.

#6 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:13 AM

I have Rugers and Buckmarks.. I have shot just about every kind of bulk ammo there is on the market (except Remington) and they all cycled flawlessly It's hard for me to tell you witch one I like the best between the Ruger and the Buckmark, so do what I did and buy them all!! :signs165xk:

#7 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:19 PM

I haven't had any problems with any type of ammo in my buckmark except the federal American Eagle stuff. It is by far the most accurate load in my gun, even better than the high dollar match stuff, but for some reason they don't extract reliably which leads to alot of jams.

#8 Locnload

Locnload

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Interests:Deer hunting, and coyotes when the opportunity presents itself, (I don't have the calling thing down yet).

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:06 AM

My Buckmark shoots CCI LR well, and subsonics. Every once in a while it won't cycle a Federal round, and the H&N target ammo I bought won't cycle, but shooting it as a single shot, the H&N is by far the most accurate. Once it would not cycle the subsonics, but a good cleaning took care of that. I have never tried hypervelocity in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users