#31 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:32 AM

Attached File  1.jpg   20.37KB   18 downloads

Finally finished this guy. Hogs take a LOOOONG time.

Attached File  1.jpg   11.32KB   18 downloads
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#32 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:37 AM

Lots more still degreasing. Waiting for stuff to come back from the metallizer.MORE camo stuff going out!Waiting for plaques to show up for mounting! The season is coming up, get your stuff in early!!!!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#33 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:16 AM

OK, first off, RJ's coyote. This was returned a little while ago, I've just been slow on getting pictures up. Mounted on a barnwood plaque.Attached File  1.jpg   14.23KB   12 downloadsBobcat.Attached File  1.jpg   9.69KB   11 downloadsAttached File  1.jpg   11.11KB   12 downloadsBronzed Badger.Attached File  1.jpg   13.21KB   13 downloadsAttached File  1.jpg   14.68KB   11 downloadsBronzed coyote.Attached File  1.jpg   17.78KB   12 downloadsNickel Lynx.Attached File  1.jpg   20.31KB   12 downloadsThis ram was the one you can see earlier in this thread. Turned out real nice.Attached File  1.jpg   16.53KB   12 downloadsLong, russian boar. Probably more of a true, pure strain.Attached File  1.jpg   11.45KB   13 downloadsAttached File  1.jpg   12.25KB   12 downloadsAs compared to the one above, this is more of the "hybrid" hog. You can see the domestication in the bluntness of the skull, and the height, rather than length. This was a big boy. I put the Lynx skull in for a size comparison. This photo was taken for an online publication that Sacramento Skull Works may be featured in in an upcoming issue. More on that in the future. (Psst, check out http://www.thecontem...sportsman.com/)Attached File  1.jpg   20.58KB   12 downloadsAttached File  1.jpg   11.04KB   12 downloadsCottontail. Business card to show size.Attached File  1.jpg   10.05KB   11 downloadsSkunk series.Attached File  1.jpg   9.11KB   11 downloadsOppossum. I hope to never do these again, and if I do, it's going to be costly. They disintegrate into pieces. This was the only one salvageable out of three, and by salvageable, I mean a puzzle... This one was for a friend.Attached File  1.jpg   9.47KB   12 downloadsSome teaser pics of things to come.Antelope. I've got a few of these guys going, but this one went just shy of B&C. Attached File  1.jpg   14.83KB   12 downloadsA pretty damaged ram. I've got a few of these going as well, another for camo and this guy to be whitened.Attached File  1.jpg   18.35KB   12 downloadsThese are the two deer that RJ posted. They are currently degreasing.Attached File  1.jpg   15.13KB   12 downloadsAttached File  1.jpg   14.58KB   13 downloadsAnd finally for now, a major teaser...I, personally cannot wait for this guy to be done. He's beautiful. He was taken out of Cool on private land. Count all those points, and he even lost one on his left side. Too bad. Word is he has an identical brother.Attached File  1.jpg   13.88KB   13 downloadsAttached File  1.jpg   13.7KB   14 downloads
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#34 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:48 AM

I got another drop off on Friday. Including those and others that are already going, we're looking at another five bear, a few antelope, a few ram, an elk, five or so coyotes, a fox, a handful of pigs. Also just finished up a few more pigs that I didn't photograph, oh well, they were small. :lol:Anyway, hope you enjoy the pics.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#35 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:32 PM

All displayed are very, very nice Jeff. :signs1180lq:
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#36 profisha

profisha

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:50 PM

These are the two deer that RJ posted. They are currently degreasing.

Thanks Jeff,Do the antlers darken? I dont remember them being that dark. Not that I care just curious??

#37 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:23 PM

They could be a little darker around the bases because they are wet. And there wasn't much sun left outside. Also, I try not to use a flash when possible. Inevitably, by the end of degreasing and whitening they'll in fact lighten...excessively in places, so I'll restain. Check out the other antlered animals in this thread. All restained.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#38 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:16 PM

Hey Everyone. Lots of stuff going on still, and I haven't updated here in awhile. Instead of taking up all of John's server space, to view pictures please go check out Sacramento Skull Works on Facebook. I know some of you are either anti-facebook or just don't have an account. Don't worry, you can still see the pictures without an account. :signs1242cn: It's just a great place for me to hang the pictures.Also, I finally have a gallery posted on the website, showing a small sample of skulls. Feel free to check those out as well.http://sacramentosku...om/gallery.htmlThanks!-Jeff
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#39 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:58 AM

Just finished up another six bears, a doe antelope, three coyotes, a fox, a raccoon, a ringtail (don't worry, he's permitted), a nice ram, a pig, and I think the gator I have might just be done too. I sure hope so, he's taking up too much space! I'll try to get pictures before they all go home. There's still a handful more pigs, bears and rams going on. Including a nice B&C bear from Alaska that a friend shot back in May (the trip I missed out on this year!!!). I hope to get those big skulls out before more bear start coming in for the season.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#40 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:05 AM

Wow, sounds like you got quite the business going there. When are you moving to larger quarters and quitting your day job?
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#41 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:39 AM

It's definitely going well, Lynn. I won't be "moving up" and quitting my day job anytime soon though, that's for sure. Getting some property outside of the city would sure be nice though.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#42 TonyS

TonyS

Dog's driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

Jeff,What type of ram is that first one? You have me thinking.

#43 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:19 PM

Which first one, Tony? At the top of this page? The unfinished one? Post #31? That's a Corsican. If not that one, I'm not sure.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#44 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:38 AM

New pictures posted on the Facebook site. Please take a look, no account required! http://www.facebook....68629542?ref=nfMore bear and a few deer and an elk have just come in too. The season has begun!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#45 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

More stuff has been posted since the last update. Check it out http://www.facebook....68629542?ref=nf People have been going crazy over the most recent metalized ram to go out.

Remember, you don't need a facebook account to view.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#46 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,478 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

That copper rams skull looks great Jeff!

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#47 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

Thanks, John. It really does look awesome.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#48 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

Jeff,
That is some beautiful work. What do you feed the beatles in the off season? (Pork chops) I sure hope you pay the beatles well, they do some great work. Tom

Life on earth is temporary, Choose your destiny Wisely.

#49 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

Off-season? I don't have an off-season. Haha. I'm extremely busy year-round. Thanks, Tom.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#50 treffryraxter

treffryraxter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:Things that go bang.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

I haven't posted any in awhile, thought I'd show a few new ones.This is the hog that got back from the camo guy. This is a glossy finish. I'm still waiting on my woodworking guy to finish up the custom plaque for this one. It came out nice though.

dude...wow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users