• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:29 PM

Well, it took just a little bit longer then planned due to the Shot Show but it's home and now the conversion process can start. I will keep it in plain Jane form for about 3 weeks then it's off to PRK for its conversion to include a pistol grip, new stock and 922r compliance. During the next 3 weeks I plan on breaking it in and find out what ammo it perfers and what it doesn't. I know they do not like the weak Wallyworld 100rd fun packs of low power ammo. In additon to the stock 5 rd mag I do have a 8 rd and 10 rd mag waiting in the cabinet for after the conversion. However for this photo opt I pulled them out for some eye candy. The only thing I've done to it since it came home is put on a SGM Tactical muzzle brake.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,695 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:37 PM

Hey Bob,You could always have it made into one of these, though the barrel is a tad short at 8 inches.

Attached Files

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:58 PM

Hey Bob,You could always have it made into one of these, though the barrel is a tad short at 8 inches.

:two-cents: Hey John, not sure I could control something like that.. Then again if there was anyway I could have one like that just to have that would be tops. Of course we all know there isn't a snowballs chance in hell you could have one legally in CA.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,695 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 06 February 2010 - 06:00 PM

No, you're right we couldn't have them like that. But it would be a great door buster special. :two-cents:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 Racink6

Racink6

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:14 PM

When you get a chance and pattern it, let us know how it does.I'd like to see how it does with some #4 and Dead coyote.

#6 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:08 AM

Very nice Bob!! I'm jealous! I didn't know they were Cal legal! Let us know how she shoots!!

#7 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:35 AM

Very nice Bob!! I'm jealous! I didn't know they were Cal legal! Let us know how she shoots!!

Thanks. These are just like the AR's take care of the detachable mag issue and they are good to go for CA compliance. Mag lock does the trick. Since I'm having a pistol grip conversion done it will need to be 922r complaint also. When I'm done with mine it will look very much like the ones in this picture. The one on the right has a 10 rd mag in it which really makes it sweet looking. Nothing real flashy but with a hint of evil. This photo is of a Saiga that PRK converted which is who I'm going with for my conversion. Posted Image

#8 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:07 PM

Super cool. I really like the look of those when there are finished with the pistol grip.. I will have to keep my eye out for one that is built and CA compliant.. Thanks for the info!

#9 JRW

JRW

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:51 PM

really cool. im gonna take a look at those!

#10 msand951

msand951

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:39 AM

Awesome shotgun, I went to the crossroads gun show this past weekend for some ammo. I was also looking for a deal on a hunting rifle. And I saw a table full of ARs, Ak , Saigas, and that shotgun And they added a mag lock on them that made them CA legal The mag is removable with a pin or key you push in or with a bullet lock which you use a bullet to unlock the mag so its kind of detachable. Just an extra step added to remove the mag but not bad at all. I was waiting on a hunting rifle cause the only rifles i have that are bolt action is a mosin and a mauser. And the others mini14 and sks being a plinking or recreational shooter I fell for one there newer made wasr 10 ak variants. Detachable mag with the provided tool that can be hanged by the trigger guard for easy mag removal. Hand grip and semi auto which is ,as good as its going to get here in CA. I purchased it cause these guys are good on making CA complaint toys. Which i dont know how long it may last with a new governor in the near future and new laws always coming out. I know about the problems with these like mag wobble and canted sights . But i guess thats was taken care off by the manufacture QC. But i should take delivery next Wednesday. And I see how it holds up :good: I bought it from the guys in Highland, Coldwarshooters .They have an awesome AR selection. But next one will be for hunting I hope. Oh this is the one i got but in all black syn. furniture.http://www.coldwarsh...ijfdd9vksj8pki4

#11 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:57 AM

Hey Bob, I saw Firequest has the 10 round mags on sale for $29.00. Not sure what you get them for but I thought I would pass on the info. Have a good one!

#12 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:00 PM

Hey Bob, I saw Firequest has the 10 round mags on sale for $29.00. Not sure what you get them for but I thought I would pass on the info. Have a good one!

Hey Rick, I have a 10 rounder, 8 rounder and the stock 5 rounder. That is a pretty good price.

#13 daveinwoodland

daveinwoodland

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Obvious firearms and weapons. Computer networks and hardware Motorcycles (Street)

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:55 AM

The best deal I've found for AGP 10 round mags are at:http://store.carolin...vlet/StoreFront

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users