13 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:34 PM

I finally found a glock that I like the 23 it has a good grip.The other models have to wide of a grip. I don't know how people like those.Does anyone here have a 23 and how does it shoot etc etc...

#2 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:31 PM

I have had mine for 10+ years. It is a joy to shoot and carry. Has always been reliable with any ammo I feed it.

#3 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:24 PM

Does that model just come in the .40? I can't seem to find the glock web site on line.Is that the standard duty pistol right now for Leo.

#4 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:24 AM

That size Glock also comes in the Mdl. G19, 9mm, and the G32 in 357 Sig.Usually the standard issue Glock is the G22 in 40 ca. or the G17 in 9mm. Some Depts. issue the G21 in 45 ACP. I know of one Dept. that issues either the G22 or the G23, officers choice. The only differance in the full size and the compact models of the same caliber, is the bbl/slide length, grip height, weight, and magazine capacity, (restricted mags.) The circumference of the grips are the same if the same caliber. I do not think the Glocks are an attractive gun but they are an excellent tool and very reliable in my opinion. http://www.glock.com...dex_pistols.htm

#5 autocrosser78

autocrosser78

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, and everything gun related.

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:49 AM

Glock 23 is probably the most popular in the compact Glock category. They also make a .22LR conversion kit so you could practice trigger control on the cheap.

#6 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:25 PM

Here is a video of the Model 21, I don't know the story.Glock 21 buried 2 years, then 500 rds.

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,319 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:15 AM

Doesn't everyone store their guns out back in the ground beside the deck? :doh[1]:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#8 375ranger

375ranger

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Varmint hunting, ATV's, Fishing

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:39 AM

I had one for around 8 years, sold it though due to me not liking the .40 round. Just me I guess. The gun itself was flawless, went bang EVERY time, never an issue. You will enjoy it I'm sure. I went with a Sig P220Carry in .45 Alot softer shooting round and love the bigger banghole in the front.

#9 fishandhunt4ever

fishandhunt4ever

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:I really love hunting and fishing. I am looking forward to making friends from this web community and share information that can be helpful.

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:20 AM

Here is a video of the Model 21, I don't know the story.Glock 21 buried 2 years, then 500 rds.

I hope someone in that video is sponsored or on payroll for Glock USA. If not, those guys have way, way too much time on their hands. I have a Glock 21 as well, but it does me no good if it is buried for 2 years. But it is good to know that I can be buried with it, and if I wake from the dead I will be be able to shoot off the humans. :archer-green:

#10 Ranger Al

Ranger Al

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:58 PM

GLOCK 23 is a very nice gun. It is a compact pistol come with 4" barrel and have choice of compensated 23C (ported). You can convert it to different cal by simply replacing the barrel from different model and the magazine. It look like you can change it to a 357 sig (GLOCK32 barrel) use your original magaine or drop it down to a 9mm (GLOCK19). The 9mm you will need both barrel of GLOCK 19 and the magazine.
Armed citizens are peaceful citizens.

#11 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:37 AM

With the G23 you can change out the barrel for a 357 SIG barrel. That is due to the case heads being the same size. The 357 SIG is just a 40 S&W case necked down to 9mm. You can not put a 9mm barrel into a G23 due to the 9mm case head being smaller than the 40. Due to the breech face being larger on the 40, the extractor would not work too well on a 9mm case. Sure it would fire, but would not extract the spent case.

#12 lvr

lvr

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:38 PM

I just bought one and can't wait to pick it up.

#13 Ken43

Ken43

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:29 PM

I have 6 Glocks. A model 23 is in the mix. I enjoy all of my Glocks, I carry which ever gun is the same caliber as what my partner is carrying. Sometimes a 9mm sometimes a .40 cal. If I am by myself I also like my mod. 36. O'Hell I like them all.

#14 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:40 PM

I went to a indoor range in Merced called gunrunners.I rented a glock 17 for both me and my wife. I didn't care for the wide handle but I didn't shoot to bad with it. As long as we have the fundamentals of shooting we can adjust to any gun with practice.My wife shot ok to she enjoyed it and she also had a good stance she did not lean back like most new shooters.I wanted to rent a g 23 but they only had 2 glocks 17 and 22 the 22 was out because of a bad spring. That was all the semi auto's they had I was kind of bummed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users