4 replies to this topic

#1 Magic Chicken

Magic Chicken

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:20 PM

Thinking about getting a TC, just can't decide between the G2 Contender or the Encore Pro Hunter. I like the G2 because it has rimfire and centerfire capabilities, but the Pro Hunter has a lot more centerfire options. This would only be used for target and varmint shooting as I can't really see myself killing Bambi or her mother and/or father. :lol:
Eric - Newbie Varmint HunterMember NRA (life), CRPA, VHA, USPSA

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,330 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:35 PM

I have several Contender actions and more barrels than I care to mention. I really like the 14 inch bull barrels and have twelve different calibers. But for a dedicated target or varmint gun I think you would be happier and better served with a bolt action rifle. Breaking the action to reload at a bench, shooting table or off a pair of shooting sticks can be tiresome to say the least. It's much easier to just open the bolt and slide in another round or rack one in from the magazine. Just my experience speaking here. I wouldn't give up my Contender pistols for the world. But you have to buy a scope for each barrel too. Just something to think about. :lol:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:35 AM

Of course you need a contender! Eventually you wil have more barrels than John. For a dedicated target or varmint pistol I think you would be happier and better served with a contender. Breaking the action to reload at a bench, shooting table or off a pair of shooting sticks doesn't scatter cases around and hardly slows one down at all. It's easy to just open the action and slide in another round. Just my experience speaking here. I wouldn't give up my Contender pistols for the world. You don't have to buy a scope for each barrel because you will want to shoot some with iron sights. The encore makes a good pistol too, just big and clunky. :( A17Shooter

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#4 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:28 AM

Magic,Have you made up your mind?A17Shooter

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#5 Magic Chicken

Magic Chicken

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 11:15 PM

there are entirely too many options and I can't afford them all :lol: it's very hard to decide. In the end, I'll probably end up with a contender rifle and pistol and a pro hunter! lol
Eric - Newbie Varmint HunterMember NRA (life), CRPA, VHA, USPSA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users