4 replies to this topic

#1 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:50 PM

I have been reading about the striper bite there and wento to check the lake out . from what I understand , when their doing the trout plant , its WOpen . in that area . but then the is some shore areas that get fish too . I tried the east dam shore area . casted my A** off for an hour and when I was not really paying attention , I was a better sized striper following it all the way in . then it turned & I saw it had some girth too . without a boat it seems poss . but even with a boat where do I fish ???? all help appreciated , Andy

#2 msand951

msand951

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:40 PM

Some guy told me there is 2 good spots in the lake were you can catch alot. From trout to stripers. He fishes from shore and took him 5 months to find that out. He said you will see groups of boat there so it shouldnt be hard to spot "i would think". I havent been there since they opened the rest of the lake for shore fishing. He goes every weekend and told me he will take me one day but will see. Hopefully he will show me the spots. :smiley_green_with_envy: Im in San Jacinto so ill probably give it another try. I usually go to mission bay and rent a skiff but fishing has been down a couple years now. If i find out the spots i will pm you.

#3 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:15 PM

cool msand , I might be going on Fri as they are scheduled to get a trout plant & thats when the stripers go stupid , allegedly . I have only fished from shore by the East dam but I will try on the Westside of the launch if they do they plant . Andy

#4 msand951

msand951

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:18 PM

:good: yeah if you go when they plant fish. You should be able to find the good spots cause they should be crowded with boats and people on shore. So if you find out let me know. And the stripers due come out with the trout.

#5 sportyg

sportyg

Sportyg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Fishing, hunting, Football, playing backgammon,& music

Founder: Hunters Helping Hunters
    www.huntershelpinghuntersUSA.org
    LM:NAHC

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:26 PM

All the years here and I've never fished DVL.... I heard it is a pain in the butt getting out on all the rocks and a long walk from the parking area to where one can shore fish..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users