• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gregor050303

gregor050303

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Just about anything outdoors, hunting, fishing, and camping are at the top of the list. I also like working on cars/trucks and off roading is always fun.

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:06 PM

I was just wondering if anyone has dealt with them? I am new to archery and just got my first bow about a month ago. I am looking to find somewhere to get some more arrows made and possibly buy the equipment to make them myself. If anyone knows of any other good archery shops I would appreciate the help.

#2 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,749 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:39 PM

I do but Im not by you. You will save money putting them together your self, but it can be addictive like reloading. Are we going to see a picture of your bow?.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#3 microtus

microtus

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Interests:About average for everybody else in here.

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:10 AM

I need to head over to that shop one of these days and have my old bow re-strung. I like the idea of supporting a local business, especially in a small town like Dixon. If you feel you need to head outside of town for archery equipment, then Wilderness Archery has been in Sacramento for at least 20 years.
Watching the government rape the 4th to pillage the 2nd.

#4 gregor050303

gregor050303

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Just about anything outdoors, hunting, fishing, and camping are at the top of the list. I also like working on cars/trucks and off roading is always fun.

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:41 PM

I do but Im not by you. You will save money putting them together your self, but it can be addictive like reloading. Are we going to see a picture of your bow?.

I will get a pic of it posted soon, still in the process of moving. I am stuck in a hotel until the end of the week.

#5 powderedtoastman

powderedtoastman

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Snowshoeing, backpacking, target shooting, off-roading, hunting(varmint, predator, big game), just about anything in the outdoors!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:34 PM

I took my PSE Nova over to them to get re-strung about 2 months ago. John seemed like a pretty good guy to deal with, and did good work. Some shops I've been into bug the heck out of you to buy a bunch of stuff you don't need, but they seem pretty up front and straight forward.
"Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people" (Tench Coxe, Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788)

#6 FresnoHunter

FresnoHunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:19 PM

I recently bought a compound bow from John at Frontline Archery. I only live about 10 miles from Wilderness Archery and Sportsmans Warehouse is even closer but I was really impressed with John and his customer service. I did a little write up on this shop on Jesses Hunting forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users