• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gregor050303

gregor050303

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Just about anything outdoors, hunting, fishing, and camping are at the top of the list. I also like working on cars/trucks and off roading is always fun.

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:06 PM

I was just wondering if anyone has dealt with them? I am new to archery and just got my first bow about a month ago. I am looking to find somewhere to get some more arrows made and possibly buy the equipment to make them myself. If anyone knows of any other good archery shops I would appreciate the help.

#2 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,834 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:39 PM

I do but Im not by you. You will save money putting them together your self, but it can be addictive like reloading. Are we going to see a picture of your bow?.

#3 microtus

microtus

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:About average for everybody else in here.

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:10 AM

I need to head over to that shop one of these days and have my old bow re-strung. I like the idea of supporting a local business, especially in a small town like Dixon. If you feel you need to head outside of town for archery equipment, then Wilderness Archery has been in Sacramento for at least 20 years.

#4 gregor050303

gregor050303

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Just about anything outdoors, hunting, fishing, and camping are at the top of the list. I also like working on cars/trucks and off roading is always fun.

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:41 PM

I do but Im not by you. You will save money putting them together your self, but it can be addictive like reloading. Are we going to see a picture of your bow?.

I will get a pic of it posted soon, still in the process of moving. I am stuck in a hotel until the end of the week.

#5 powderedtoastman

powderedtoastman

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Snowshoeing, backpacking, target shooting, off-roading, hunting(varmint, predator, big game), just about anything in the outdoors!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:34 PM

I took my PSE Nova over to them to get re-strung about 2 months ago. John seemed like a pretty good guy to deal with, and did good work. Some shops I've been into bug the heck out of you to buy a bunch of stuff you don't need, but they seem pretty up front and straight forward.

#6 FresnoHunter

FresnoHunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:19 PM

I recently bought a compound bow from John at Frontline Archery. I only live about 10 miles from Wilderness Archery and Sportsmans Warehouse is even closer but I was really impressed with John and his customer service. I did a little write up on this shop on Jesses Hunting forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users