5 replies to this topic

#1 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:52 PM

I picked up a hitch basket for $25. at a garage sale today (looks new/unused) but even when I extended the bar that goes into the receiver, it is too tight to fold up w/o hitting the Jeep and truck. I need alittle more room, about a 3-4" extension for the Jeep, about 10-12" for the truck. Is there a strong receiver extender that is adjustable or do I need to buy two different extenders?Attached File  1.jpg   30.74KB   34 downloads

#2 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:48 PM

A fab shop can do that easy. I wouldn't extend your receiver, I would fabricate a new tube to insert into the receiver the parts would only be about 20 bucks.

#3 Guest_Shahan_*

Guest_Shahan_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:55 PM

if the tube that goes into the reciever unbolts at that pivot just cut a longer peice and drill it for the pins.....other wise i could make u a extention from old tubeing at work for free...but i see ur in oc

#4 Hemiallen

Hemiallen

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:12 PM

Walmart has extensions to fix your problem.They are a very nice room addition, I added a custom one to my 5th wheel and set my generator on it.Allen

#5 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

Walmart? Really! huh...I'll go look. The extension will give me the room I need to fold em on on both vehicles plus it will work as a step for my truck tent. Thanks!

#6 DBCFR

DBCFR

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:27 PM

BC,go down to Sanly's muffler behind denny's off of Pico and ask JR to make what you want for you he is a good guy and will make up your extensions for you...tell him Dave Burris said HI and sent you!Dave B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users