5 replies to this topic

#1 hunting guy

hunting guy

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:09 PM

I have narrowed my search for a good scope to two models- A Pentax Gameseeker and a Federal Intensity Optics(Both are 4-12X44s). The Gameseeker has bullet drop compensation bars and the Federal has parallax adjustment. I will be shooting it on a 30-06 or .308 and will probably shoot out to 400 yards. I know people have commented on the Pentax scopes on this forum and remarked they are good, but which scope has the best quality for the price? Both are on sale for $80 right now. Which would contribute the most to long range accuracy?

#2 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:13 PM

I'm just going to be the first to say this because I know it's coming from others...you get what you pay for.The cheapest I would personally go is Hawke, Mueller, etc,. And then from there, Nikon is my bottom line "cheap" scope.

#3 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:23 PM

Looking at the two you have narrowed it down to, I would go with the Pentax. I have one and am very satisfied with it. Don't get the AO, as it is a waste of time for a 308 type rifle. IMO

#4 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:23 PM

you get what you pay for.

Yep... wouldn't put either one on a rubber band gun... But hey, that's just me...Frank

#5 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:29 PM

Gotta admit, I was thinking of Pentax if I had to go with one of the two

#6 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:29 PM

I second the motion on the Mueller, I have not looked through a Hawke however. Good luck on wichever you choose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users