9 replies to this topic

#1 Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:10 AM

First off, hi! My name's Daniel and I just recently became interested in hunting, so I've be researching, taking practice hunting saftey tests, oh and I just bought a compound bow/arrows/release/case setup off of craigslist. Included in the case were two mysterious objects that are un-named. Since they have no identifying serial numbers or engraved text, Google wasn't much good, so I turn to you.They are right angle 1/4 inch aluminum shafts with points at both ends... Posted ImagePerhaps some sort of divining rod system? Posted ImageMaybe 2 hooks for hanging your animal before skinning?Posted ImageAny thoughts?Oh and if these turn out to be unrelated to archery, sorry for wasting your time.

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:26 AM

Those are for knitting on the stand once you have nailed your quarrey and are waiting before the search begins. :signlol2iu: How about holding a target up against a foam block or stakes for a tent-type blind?? Just guesses....

I'm an airgunholic

#3 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:58 AM

Those are quite obviously divining rods. You walk through the woods with them, and when the rods cross over each other that is the spot where you set up your stand.No - really they are target pins used to hold cardboard on to hay bails.

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,688 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:43 PM

Divining rods ,used to find your arrows . And for cooking marshmellows. Danny do not worry about wasting our time we do it all the time.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#5 Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:02 PM

Ahh ... and life begins to make sense! I'll see that they go to good use somewhere. :DThanks.

#6 russw

russw

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:16 PM

Those weren't originally made for pinning targets up but they would work for that. They were actually used on square ethafoam targets that were popular 15 to 20 years or so ago. The way they worked was the short part was stuck into the top of the ethafoam and the long part stuck into the dirt behind it to hold the target up. Hope that makes sense.

#7 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:11 PM

Old school bow rest for when you're retrieving your arrows from the target. Set them inches apart (depending on your bow) and lay bow horizontally across them.

#8 sportyg

sportyg

Sportyg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Fishing, hunting, Football, playing backgammon,& music

Founder: Hunters Helping Hunters
    www.huntershelpinghuntersUSA.org
    LM:NAHC

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:39 PM

all the above B) :signs1180lq:
Sportyg;Founder:HHHwww.hhh-usa.orgLM:NAHCMbr:TRCP

#9 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:40 PM

hey where did u find my earrings??????????????
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#10 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:51 AM

I woke up in the middle of the night and a light bulb went on and it finally became crystal clear what these are for. They are skewers for cooking these "soldiers" (see link).http://www.californi...d...c=18352&hl=

I'm an airgunholic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users