2 replies to this topic

#1 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:20 AM

does anyone here own one ??? My friend has one and its a nice gun BUT his defence load is the old " flying ashtray " hp that will not feed from the mag . it hits the "top " of the frame , betwee the mag & bbl , andit is not a ramped bbl . again does anyone own 1 ? what are the loads you run through it ? and what load refuse to run through it ? I know nothing about nothing but i believe it is a non ramped bbl . Andy

#2 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:34 AM

Non ramped barrels dont like hallowpoints.Maybe try a +p load they generaly are lighter bullets in the 185 range and maybe the cone is a little more sharper on the ogive so it might feed a little better.

#3 airgunny

airgunny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:37 AM

i have 2 kimbers. a 1997 custom classic and a 1998 custom compact.the first run when they came with nylon triggers. they both have ramped barrelsand both are throated and polished. i have run a limited amount of 200 grain flying ashcans through both years ago and i remember themfeeding fine. you need to keep a firm grip to utilize the recoil so they cycle.no limp wristing. ALSO- NO CHEAP MAGS. i use wilson combat and chip mcormick.i've also run a lot of cheap steel case wolf ammo through them with out problems.then again i don't own one single auto pistol thats not tuned in some way.the first thing to do with any 1911 is throat and polish IMO.
weapons are nothing but tools to be used properly. like any other tool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users