2 replies to this topic

#1 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:20 AM

does anyone here own one ??? My friend has one and its a nice gun BUT his defence load is the old " flying ashtray " hp that will not feed from the mag . it hits the "top " of the frame , betwee the mag & bbl , andit is not a ramped bbl . again does anyone own 1 ? what are the loads you run through it ? and what load refuse to run through it ? I know nothing about nothing but i believe it is a non ramped bbl . Andy

#2 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:34 AM

Non ramped barrels dont like hallowpoints.Maybe try a +p load they generaly are lighter bullets in the 185 range and maybe the cone is a little more sharper on the ogive so it might feed a little better.

#3 airgunny

airgunny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:37 AM

i have 2 kimbers. a 1997 custom classic and a 1998 custom compact.the first run when they came with nylon triggers. they both have ramped barrelsand both are throated and polished. i have run a limited amount of 200 grain flying ashcans through both years ago and i remember themfeeding fine. you need to keep a firm grip to utilize the recoil so they cycle.no limp wristing. ALSO- NO CHEAP MAGS. i use wilson combat and chip mcormick.i've also run a lot of cheap steel case wolf ammo through them with out problems.then again i don't own one single auto pistol thats not tuned in some way.the first thing to do with any 1911 is throat and polish IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users