• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Redneckshooter

Redneckshooter

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Shooting/Hunting, Outdoor activities, gaming, and saltwater aquariums.

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:34 PM

I am looking at possibly ordering a new Hunting Camo jacket and have been considering purchasing a jacket from this website: http://www.predatorcamo.com/I would like to know if anyone here has any products from this company? If so are you happy with your purchase (camo pattern, build quality etc..)?I am specifically looking at the Predator Deception Brown/Green patterns.Also interested in general opinions if you have one regarding the camo patterns of this company or any other opinion you may have regarding hunting clothing.Thanks for taking the time to read/comment!

#2 Red Dog

Red Dog

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:26 PM

That's what I use. I have the fall grey color/pattern. I think it works real well.

#3 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:12 PM

I think Predator and ASAT are the two best camo patterns out there. I have a predator cap that I got from my favorite fish house here in San Diego (the owner is an avid hunter), everything else I wear is ASAT. My last bow hunt in South Dakota one of the guys I was hunting with used Predator Camo and the deer would literally look right through us like we wern't even there. Sold me immediately as to the effectiveness of both.

#4 Redneckshooter

Redneckshooter

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Shooting/Hunting, Outdoor activities, gaming, and saltwater aquariums.

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:19 AM

I would have to agree with you Baja. I will likely go with either Predator camo or ASAT just not sure which one yet. I think both companies are putting out quality products that work.I am slightly leaning toward Predator camo right now. Thanks for the replies!

#5 usahunter

usahunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:14 AM

the difference between predator and asat in my opinion is that asat is much lighter color and your movement is more obvious , I use predator and its great , my buddy uses asat and when he sits still its as good as predator but when hes moving it shows up more than predator spring green or green deception

#6 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:22 PM

True - movement is what game animals pick up on immediately, but realistically everything in nature moves (even the rocks sometimes as the Haitians found out). Trees and bushes move in the wind - but as I found from experience, movement itself does not necessarily work against you when the animal has no way of distinguishing you from the background. In that case an animal will go to it's other senses of smell and hearing to try to determine if there is any danger - if you've planned your approach right it's just meat on the ground from there...

#7 CaseyU

CaseyU

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, being outdoors, hanging with my family and friends

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:50 PM

+1 for the predator camo. have had it for about a year, never let me down! the Goretex jacket is a must. I just have the original deception. Seems to match really well with all around my area.

#8 Redneckshooter

Redneckshooter

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:01 PM

CaseyU how do you like the quality of the goretex jacket? If you had to do it over would you purchase the jacket again?usahunter are you mainly using spring green/green deception? Do you use brown deception at all? Also your buddy with ASAT does he have any complaints about it?Thanks

#9 CaseyU

CaseyU

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, being outdoors, hanging with my family and friends

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:40 PM

shooter, I am completely satisfied!! It's virtually silent. 100% waterproof. normally i don't like parkas, (the goretex jacket is long) but i love being able to sit anywhere and not worry about a wet bottom. I am up in the mountains, so i hunt the weather a lot, and it is persistant. When i need another one, no doubt i will buy the same jacket

#10 nitis

nitis

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:37 AM

Dont forget kings I think their stuff in almost any pattern is some of the most versatile stuff on the market pluss tehy have Tall sizes nomore hi waters.Plus remeber if you order through soreloser you get a big break

#11 Rogue

Rogue

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:51 PM

I use the Predator Deception in green now until things dry out then I use M2d ( http://www.m2dcamo.com ) for the summer grass (it's great!), then Predator Fall deception. We have a lot of Manzanita here that's why the deception blends in so good.

#12 daveinwoodland

daveinwoodland

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Obvious firearms and weapons. Computer networks and hardware Motorcycles (Street)

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

Has anyone ever tried digital camo? I have a shirt and pant set of desert digital that I am going to try this year. I 'm curious about their effectiveness.

#13 chinny33

chinny33

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, fishing, hunting, spearfishing, God.

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:49 PM

In a nutshell, the idea behind camouflage is to break up your outline to make you blend in to your surroundings. In a professional manner "a concealment by means of a disguise". I use Predator -brown deception. I purchased directly from Predator.com and the customer service is 100% Incredible. Absolutely friendly people and very patient. I was sold on it because of "unbiased" reviews and seeing that as you are farther away, you don't look like a dark brown/black blob. I used Mossy Oak and I took pictures of myself next to trees and shrubs and grasses and I just looked like a black blob past 20yards. I did the same with Predator - brown deception and it completely breaks up my outline. I even "lost" limbs because they blended into the surroundings. Incredibly durable materials. I have yet to test the "waterproofing" of the parka, but i'll spray it down with waterproofing spray anyways. Shirts and pants can run circles around thorny bushes without issues. I'm sure digital camo will be sufficient. HOWEVER, there are "official" military digital camo patterns that our freedom fighters use in Iraq & Afghanistan, and then there are "knock-offs" that look like military digital, but truly are not. Remember, your hard earned Tax dollars went into YEARS of extensive research and funding to create our current MARPAT & ACU camo that our armed forces use today around the world. Just make sure they are legitimate patterns.If you want "generic" camo that is great, look at Real Tree Hard Woods.Simple looks of Predator and ASAT made me believe "hey that's just TOO SIMPLE, how can that possibly work?". FREAKING-A. Look at a Siberian Tiger: bright orange back, pure white belly, black/brown stripes. How in the world can a PREDATOR survive to an amazing 500+lb killer successfully? How about a mountain lion or a deer. It is just one simple shade of color! We can BARELY see them until they move. Cover yourself HEAD to TOE. Must cover SKIN, it reflects light really easily. Look @ the pictures I loaded, you can ALWAYS see skin first. Im wearing Mossy Oak top, Real Tree Hardwoods bottom. Buy Predator Camo. It should last a VERY LONG TIME.FYI, it should be said: wash ALL your camo inside-out and AIR DRY. Use a hunting detergent, unscented.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Imagewww.predatorcamo.comwww.m2dcamo.comwww.asatcamo.com

#14 usahunter

usahunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:21 PM

redneck, sorry for the delay in responding, I use the original deception green, my buddy likes his asat but will replace it with predator when it wears out, responding to the lighter asat and movement, in a perfect world when everything is in your favor then movement can be sometimes dismissed but the reason I first bought predator was during a Wyoming elk hunt another hunter was coming in to our cow calls, he was wearing predator and moving slowly you could barely pick him out " kinda like , you know somethings there but ??", and when he stopped he dissapeared, on the other hand when my buddy is moving from place to place he lights up in asat like a christmas tree " slight exaggeration ", in my opinion any predator pattern would be good as long as it matches the season colors, I like nateral gear out west but I found out the hard way that it doesn't work very well in early green Wyo elk season, hope this helps, My only complaint with predator is they aren't distributed widely enough to have to be competitively priced, I bought some Kings world and found it blobbed up like most other camo at a distance, that won't happen with predator or ASAT

#15 Redneckshooter

Redneckshooter

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:12 PM

Thanks everyone for the responses. I ended up purchasing ASAT 3D leafy suit, and am pleased with my purchase. For the price of the ASAT camo I feel the netting material used as the basis for the suit is a little fragile, but that is just my opinion and only field time will tell. I will likely be purchasing some predator deception green for the late winter and early spring time hunting. After as much research I've done prior to my purchase I feel both ASAT and Predator camo are far superior to any of the other major brand hunting patters available in my opinion.

#16 usahunter

usahunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:23 AM

you'll love the leafy suit, I bought one for a young hunter I mentor and he blended so well I had trouble picking him out, I just ordered one for myself, good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users