6 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 10:25 PM

I caught these with my nephews can someone tell me what the one on the left is called I call the 2 on the right yellow belly's. Its was fun showing them how to fish for cats one is 8 and the other 5 .heres the monsters LOLPosted Image

#2 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:12 AM

The one on the left looks like a channel cat and the two on the right look like yellow bullheads and those are some good sized bulheads.
If it flies it dies, If it runs its done, Hook'it, snag'it, gig'it, just kill itFire up the grill cause deer huntin ain't catch and releaseI dig hot chicks in camo bikini's with guns in their hands.

#3 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:22 PM

Channel cat !

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,936 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:21 PM

One gray one and two slimy green ones! :lol: :D :D That's a channel cat on the left for sure. I think the others are bullheads but I'd need a frying pan and some hush puppies to tell for sure. :D

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:41 PM

NO NO the one on the left is not a channel they are much longer slimmer and have spots along the body.I know what a channel looks like he has no spots. thanks for your in put guys I have alot of fun teaching kids how too fish.What drives me nuts is the poles can be jumping and they will not notice it tell I tell them too grab it.............. :lol: them they will wine them in like a mad man ............ :D

#6 Soreloser

Soreloser

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Anything Archery and of course my 22-250 vs. coyotes..

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:09 AM

I have to agree on the left one not being a channel. He's right, a channel cat does have spots. That is a blue cat, hint: there not actually blue. The two on the right are just really clean yellow cats.TimHere's a link to some Blue's.http://californiavar...essee-t598.html
Tim LewisFoxPro Prostaff

#7 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:40 PM

Channels do not have to have the spots but most will. thay lose the spots whan thay get large. but it looks like its a blue and the others are bullheads. Fry them up with some french fries and some vegies and call me when its dinner time . B) nice stringer of fish. B)
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users