6 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 10:25 PM

I caught these with my nephews can someone tell me what the one on the left is called I call the 2 on the right yellow belly's. Its was fun showing them how to fish for cats one is 8 and the other 5 .heres the monsters LOLPosted Image

#2 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:12 AM

The one on the left looks like a channel cat and the two on the right look like yellow bullheads and those are some good sized bulheads.

#3 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:22 PM

Channel cat !

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,660 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:21 PM

One gray one and two slimy green ones! :lol: :D :D That's a channel cat on the left for sure. I think the others are bullheads but I'd need a frying pan and some hush puppies to tell for sure. :D

#5 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:41 PM

NO NO the one on the left is not a channel they are much longer slimmer and have spots along the body.I know what a channel looks like he has no spots. thanks for your in put guys I have alot of fun teaching kids how too fish.What drives me nuts is the poles can be jumping and they will not notice it tell I tell them too grab it.............. :lol: them they will wine them in like a mad man ............ :D

#6 Soreloser

Soreloser

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Anything Archery and of course my 22-250 vs. coyotes..

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:09 AM

I have to agree on the left one not being a channel. He's right, a channel cat does have spots. That is a blue cat, hint: there not actually blue. The two on the right are just really clean yellow cats.TimHere's a link to some Blue's.http://californiavar...essee-t598.html

#7 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:40 PM

Channels do not have to have the spots but most will. thay lose the spots whan thay get large. but it looks like its a blue and the others are bullheads. Fry them up with some french fries and some vegies and call me when its dinner time . B) nice stringer of fish. B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users