• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 troutbum24

troutbum24

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Bow Hunting, Hunting in general, Fly Fishing, Spearfishing, mountain biking, surfing, geocaching, anything outside.

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:51 PM

Anyone have any experience with the PSE chaos 1? My girlfriend has been shooting an older Bear compound bow for the last 3 years, shes taken 2 deer with it but she wants a newer bow, one that will allow her to shoot more accuratly. her current bow is about 10+ years old so I recon its time. She currently wants the diamond edge, but I checked out the PSE chaos and it seemed more streamline and has a wider range of adjustments on it, and shoots a bit faster. Then there is the Mathews Passion for a million bucks.... Dont think I'll buy that one, but if anyone has any say about those three bows Id appreciate it. Thanks, Blaine

#2 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:47 AM

Have her try some out and get the one that feels and shoots best for her.

#3 SAGITARUS

SAGITARUS

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:many lots of sport hobbies, such as mtn biking, snorkeling, surf fishing,hiking, and most recently, archery.

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:37 PM

Blaine, the PSE CHAOS is quite a nice draw length bow at 50lb, 40lb wts. It was my first bow and it shoots accurately, providing it was sighted properly. For a lower budget, lightweight, accurate bow, it's worth considering. Also, at BASSPRO SHOPS, there's a Diamond RAZOR EDGE also worth looking into. Here's a link:http://www.diamondar...oredge_2010.php If I was buying my GF a new bow I'd look into these. But, if she was really into hunting, then I'd rather get her a Mathews Passion instead of a diamond ring. GOOD LUCK!

#4 troutbum24

troutbum24

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Bow Hunting, Hunting in general, Fly Fishing, Spearfishing, mountain biking, surfing, geocaching, anything outside.

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:41 AM

Thanks, however, I already got the chaos as well as the ring.. Neither of us could justify the money to spend on the passion. I have always shot cheaper bows and do really well with him, and she still needs to learn to shoot better and gain more confidence before I spend much more. For the last 4 or 5 years I have been shooting the Jennings Strike and do really well with it so I'm sure I will keep it for a while. I see all my friends go buy new bows every 3 years to get the latest and greatest, I will probably use her 10 years before I get a new one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users