• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 troutbum24

troutbum24

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Bow Hunting, Hunting in general, Fly Fishing, Spearfishing, mountain biking, surfing, geocaching, anything outside.

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:51 PM

Anyone have any experience with the PSE chaos 1? My girlfriend has been shooting an older Bear compound bow for the last 3 years, shes taken 2 deer with it but she wants a newer bow, one that will allow her to shoot more accuratly. her current bow is about 10+ years old so I recon its time. She currently wants the diamond edge, but I checked out the PSE chaos and it seemed more streamline and has a wider range of adjustments on it, and shoots a bit faster. Then there is the Mathews Passion for a million bucks.... Dont think I'll buy that one, but if anyone has any say about those three bows Id appreciate it. Thanks, Blaine
Blaine

#2 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,770 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:47 AM

Have her try some out and get the one that feels and shoots best for her.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#3 SAGITARUS

SAGITARUS

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:many lots of sport hobbies, such as mtn biking, snorkeling, surf fishing,hiking, and most recently, archery.

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:37 PM

Blaine, the PSE CHAOS is quite a nice draw length bow at 50lb, 40lb wts. It was my first bow and it shoots accurately, providing it was sighted properly. For a lower budget, lightweight, accurate bow, it's worth considering. Also, at BASSPRO SHOPS, there's a Diamond RAZOR EDGE also worth looking into. Here's a link:http://www.diamondar...oredge_2010.php If I was buying my GF a new bow I'd look into these. But, if she was really into hunting, then I'd rather get her a Mathews Passion instead of a diamond ring. GOOD LUCK!

#4 troutbum24

troutbum24

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Bow Hunting, Hunting in general, Fly Fishing, Spearfishing, mountain biking, surfing, geocaching, anything outside.

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:41 AM

Thanks, however, I already got the chaos as well as the ring.. Neither of us could justify the money to spend on the passion. I have always shot cheaper bows and do really well with him, and she still needs to learn to shoot better and gain more confidence before I spend much more. For the last 4 or 5 years I have been shooting the Jennings Strike and do really well with it so I'm sure I will keep it for a while. I see all my friends go buy new bows every 3 years to get the latest and greatest, I will probably use her 10 years before I get a new one.
Blaine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users