1 reply to this topic

#1 kzink

kzink

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:58 PM

What is better in of bases on a remington 700. Also what should I expect to pay for a decent set of rings and base.

#2 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:37 PM

I have used both with equal results. So choose the style you like. I do lean toward the Leupold/Redfield one piece style of bases/rings but the Weaver style are also good and I have them on rifles/pistols also. I have one piece and 2 piece bases and no troubles with either. Cost varies where you get them. Sometimes you can get good deals on E-bay and I have also seen people pay more(before shipping is included also) than I can buy locally or mail order for the same item.The only style not to get is any of the See-thru rings. Sure mark of a new-be. Also buy rings that will allow you to mount your scope as low as possible. When using a 40mm OB type of scope that will usually be a set of low rings. There is no need for a 50mm scope especially if that means you need to use med or high rings on a hunting rifle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users