• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CRITTRGITTR

CRITTRGITTR

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, upland, deer, and last but not least predator hunting. Bass fishin, trout fishin, even a little fly fishin once in a while. Anything outdoors. I also do taxidermy has been a hobby of mine since i was 12 years old

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:52 AM

Hunting cottontails has never been very exciting to me. A good friend of mine has them all over his ranch. All around the hays stacks around the barns and shop areas. Around old equipment and in the corrals. Whenever we feel like eatin rabbit we just walk in the house grab a .22 and head shoot a few and its that easy. I always have 3 or 4 runnin around my house but I tend to leave them be. Well another buddy down the road decided they wanted to exterminate a bunch of them beacause they had been chewin some electrical stuff in the shop. So this afternoon he called me up and we went down and it was a whole new ball game. We were using our bows and these rabbits were way spookier than the ones I'm used to. We started a little late so we didn't have much time but I managed to stick 3 of em and i took a litle fur off anothers back. It was so much fun. I am hooked on huntin these things with a bow now. We will be doin it again soon. Oh and I couldn't believe how deadly an adder point is on a bunny at 15 yards. It looked like I shot them with my .22 Mag. Huge exit holes. Anyhow its time for some Spanish Rabbit!

#2 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:55 PM

oh yeah they will chew the spark plug wires in a truck. that's why when the population becomes to big in our eguipment yard I have to take a lot of them out. I did the bow thing a few times with thunper it's fun and hard to sneak up on those cotton tails

#3 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,734 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:38 AM

Its fun. Adders are good bunny killers.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users