13 replies to this topic

#1 nitis

nitis

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:44 PM

So I go to Bass Pro this weekend and anything and everything that has to do with ammo except shotgun ammo is behind teh counterI go to another shop same day and handgun ammo is still outI was under the impression that only handgun ammo had to be behind the counter and I could understand all centerfire and rimfire ammo as anything could be a pistol ( I dont agree but understand)But why is all the brass and bullets put away I understand powder and primers but come on it is hard enough to get someone to talk to there as it is let alone get help and then get what you want to boot.Are they following the law or going over the top?

#2 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:26 AM

Some people don't know the exact extent of the law. Law only covers pistol ammo not all ammo. I stopped using BP for my firearm needs. Trying to get help there is a fricken joke.
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#3 nitis

nitis

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:16 AM

talked to a guy that works there and he said the store manager was who called in the order to clear everything out then sunday had everything put back on the shelf les teh handgun ammo.It is really too bad the store is so poorly managed they have a beautiful store and actually some knowledgable staff but when you only have part timers getting less than 10 bucks an hour and then you want to get yourself so short on people all the time it is rediculous. they definately are not looking for alot of repeat business

#4 yote9999

yote9999

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, scuba diving, helicopters, airplanes, mounting biking, and family

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:49 PM

I stopped using Bass Pro as well. I visited the one in Rancho in October and refuse to go back. Ya they have a lot of stuff there, but customer service sucked something fierce!

#5 Portagee_Shooter

Portagee_Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

I didn't think the handgun ammo law went into affect till 2011????Bass Pro in Manteca had their ammo on the shelves about a month ago.
Q: "What do you hunt with that?" A: "Name it"-Rambo

#6 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:36 PM

Also at the Bass pro in Manteca about 2 mos back, I walked in a bought $0 grn Bts right off the shelf. Have they changed things ?
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

#7 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:44 PM

You bought what??? "bought $0 grn Bts"
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#8 Guest_Shahan_*

Guest_Shahan_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:46 PM

i waited in the one in mateca for an hour...all i wanted was to buy a scope and i knew which one i wanted....i was like pleeeeaase just let me pay, the young guy mouthed off and i flipped and walked out

#9 tommybuilt

tommybuilt

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:03 PM

I've never been to the BP in Manteca, but was thinking about checking it out. Now I'm not sure it would be worth the drive. I was in one of their stores in Iowa and was impressed by their selection. I think all the big stores have cut their staff. Have you been to Cabelas in Reno lately?

#10 Red Dog

Red Dog

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:08 PM

You bought what??? "bought $0 grn Bts"

:two-cents:

#11 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:28 PM

You guys dont know what a $0 gr BT is? And ya call yerselves Hunters? That $ is a 4 when ya hit the caps! No wonder I aint hittin Coyotes... lol
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

#12 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:31 PM

So, I still have to guess. Here it is Do you mean 40 grain bullets? Heck, its just another six characters. Does your keyboard charge by the number of characters used like the minutes on your cell phone? :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#13 handgun

handgun

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Guns and Dogs

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:50 PM

Sierra Gun Supply in Auburn, off of the Grass Valley Highway. I have never gone in when the owner was not behind the counter. Always helpful and very knowledgeable (sp). My 2 cents...

#14 nitis

nitis

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:25 PM

Again the store is beautiful and the potential is great tehy have access to supplies but the management sucks. I know a few guys that work there and their hands are tied.cabelas in Reno I dont even bother unless something is on sale I need. Scheels is twice the store with twice the assistance and selection.What blows me away is how much business these places could have if they were run more efficiently

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users