2 replies to this topic

#1 Rogue

Rogue

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 03:30 PM

This is a report on my new Hawke Sidewinder 30 with the Sr6 Ret I bought from Red Hunter LLC. You can't get better customer service than Red has given me. I ordered the Sidewinder and Red went ahead and mailed it 2nd day air so I would have it by Christmas...Thanks Red! LLC has the best prices anywhere for the Hawke scopes and Red answered my questions honestly. I just picked up my AR last week and have been waiting for the Rock River High rise mount and the weather to clear to test out the scope and finally got a chance to test it today. The scope is built solid, high quality, great optics, awesome low light capabilities, easy to use and you can download the Hawke BRC program on your computer to calculate drop, for free. Works with the SR6 or SR12. You would be hard pressed to find a scope with this quality glass and craftsmanship at this price. I was using the 55 Gr VMax and my AR has the 16" barrel, nothing special. I ran about 20 rounds through the gun before I mounted the scope (that's 20 since I owned it). The AR brought back a lot of memories for me since I used the A2 in the Gulf. This is my sighting in grouping at 100 yards on a bench. I fired three, (outer 11 o'clock) adjusted the scope then fired four. Two rounds are touching at the 11 o'clock near the red. I didn't shoot any more, just did a couple more clicks then put it away. Had two other guns to sight in and was pressed for time. I chose the Sidewinder 30, 4x16 x 50 because it was more versatile for me between Coyotes and squeaks. It comes with a sun shade, range gauge, range wheel, allen wrenches, cleaning cloth and instructions. Let me note here that my Mueller did not come with a sun shade which was more expensive. Overall the Sidewinder is an exceptional scope and I'll be buying another for my other AR build. You'll be very happy with either the Sidewinder 30 or Tactical from Red. Attached File  1.jpg   20.65KB   28 downloads

#2 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:08 PM

Thanks for the kind words Rogue. I am really glad you are happy with your Sidewinder. I'm looking forward to some photos of game you bag with it.....Red
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#3 Rogue

Rogue

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:54 AM

You welcome red!I'll post some pictures when I can get out.Alan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users