13 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:57 AM

I having a hard time figuring out the hash makes on the scope it say's 2 moa, So if I move the mark inch one the scope will the poa mover one inch at 100 yards?the numbers are 2,4,6,8,10, and the hash marks are 0 1/4 1/2 3/4 1 and so on kind of hard to explain.On the vx1 it is easy they tell you what does what but this vx2 has me confused.I need help i don't want to waste ammo.

#2 Portagee_Shooter

Portagee_Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:02 AM

I have an older VXII with that says 2moa. It does not click. Between the zero and the 2 there are four "hash" marks. Each mark should be 1/2"(moa) adjustment. You may have more hash marks on yours than I do. Count the number of marks between the zero and 2 and it should be pretty easy to figure out what they're each worth.
Q: "What do you hunt with that?" A: "Name it"-Rambo

#3 CaseyU

CaseyU

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, being outdoors, hanging with my family and friends

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:04 AM

Holy cow. i thought i was the only one! haha well i just got a leupold vx 2 about four weeks ago. when i first started workin with it.... thank god it was just on a 223 and i had a lot of bulk ammo. once i got it close then it got hard. i was going from one inch over where i wanted to two inches to the right it was crazy so, needless to say after a lot of shooting and cleaning... (i was breakin it in too) well i figured out each click i used went just about an inch of difference, it says one click is 1/4, but it not work like that. i remounted the scope twise and eventually got it perfect. If i could say anything to help, i think it would be just remember it's about an inch each click. make sure and each time you move it just give the scope a couple taps to make sure the pins moved. the best of luck

#4 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 01:12 PM

I had the scope set once but put new rings and bases.It's bore sighted so it should be close. This is a older vx2 so it's the same as yours.

#5 sum-rifle

sum-rifle

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:26 AM

I have an older VXII with that says 2moa. It does not click. Between the zero and the 2 there are four "hash" marks. Each mark should be 1/2"(moa) adjustment. You may have more hash marks on yours than I do. Count the number of marks between the zero and 2 and it should be pretty easy to figure out what they're each worth.

To my knowledge all the "VXII"'s are click adjustable. Do you have a "Vari-XII" maybe?The Vari-XII's are friction adjustable.
Hunt with your kids not for them.

#6 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:04 PM

:signs1180lq:
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#7 Portagee_Shooter

Portagee_Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:10 PM

I'll check tonight when I get home...good question. honestly...I thought they were the same.

#8 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:38 PM

sum-rifle mine is fricton adjustable .I believe your right about the adjustment.I will see how well I can get it zero'ed and let you guys know how it worked out.I have my own range so it's just when ever I decide to do it.thanks for the help guys.red dog go back to eating your :signgreatreport3kg:

#9 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:17 AM

Your own range man I need to sneak over to merced and use it sometime :g-hog-poppin-up-ani:

#10 DBCFR

DBCFR

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:55 AM

homemade I am ready for a little road trip :D ......wonder if he will include lunch :g-hog-poppin-up-ani:
Dave B

#11 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:27 PM

Shudda bought a HAWKE from me. It comes with a free ballistic program that mates with the reticle. Pick your caliber, dial in you load and the program spits out the info. Quick, simple and accurate. C'mon guys, get with the "program". LOLCheck the posts. Guys are really happy with the HAWKE scopes. :lol:
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#12 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:04 AM

Yeah I noticed you have been talking about them a lot on here.I myself just like to go with a name brand that has been around for awhile and has such a good warranty.Not knocking hawk just don't own any at this time maybe later on who knows. Yeah maybe one of these days I don't mind having some company I like shooting other peoples toys ammo is cheap that way LOL .I am going to be sighting in my 7mag soon if it's not to cold or foggy.

#13 Portagee_Shooter

Portagee_Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:45 AM

To my knowledge all the "VXII"'s are click adjustable. Do you have a "Vari-XII" maybe?The Vari-XII's are friction adjustable.

Damn your good...its a Vari-X IIc

#14 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:23 AM

when i bought my leupold scope a few yrs ago, i had a problem like that. the guy next to me told me to turn the knobs all the way left to the right all the way up and then down back to where i started. that worked, i was zeroed in like 9 rds due to the fact i shot 3 or four before i did what he said
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users