• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,498 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:19 PM

I was going through some of my dad's old things and found my great uncle Harry's old fishing license and regulations. The fishing license actually fits inside a pocket in the back of the regulations booklet. That's a neat idea. The regulations are from 1929 to 1930 and the fishing license is for 1930. I scanned them so here are the pictures.Attached File  1.jpg   25.13KB   32 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   25.62KB   29 downloads

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#2 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:25 PM

Very Cool!!
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#3 yote9999

yote9999

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, scuba diving, helicopters, airplanes, mounting biking, and family

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:34 PM

cool, I especially like the price!!!

#4 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:50 PM

Great find, John. I have my grandfather's hunting license form 1957-58. Cost was $3.00. That sounds cheap but I can remember when it was only $2.00. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#5 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:51 PM

I had my grandfathers Hunting license and duck stamps the first duck stamp was .50 cents
Without hunters there wouldn't be much of an environment to protect!!Conservation of Wild Life Through the Taking of Predators by Sportsmen United we stand

#6 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

That is pretty cool John!I bet the people that had to pay $2.00 for a fishing license in 1930 were wondering what the world was coming to.I worked in the Taft Sporting Goods store in 1969 and a full fishing license then was $5.00. So the cost of a fishing license went up $3.00 in 39 years.So at that rate of increase our fishing licenses should be just over $8.00 right now.
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#7 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:56 PM

That is neat and it is in great shape too.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#8 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,780 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:44 PM

That is a real cool find.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#9 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:10 PM

Love it. That's really classic.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,498 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:18 PM

I'll try and scan some of the pages so you can see what the regulations used to look like. Plus this thing is pocket sized so there weren't allot of regulations.

Time waits for no one--

#11 thebeast64ol

thebeast64ol

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:I love to go out and hunt, hike, backpack, pretty much anything that is in the outdoors.

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:41 PM

That thing is too cool!! Great find Shooter!
This is Remington Country!

#12 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:03 AM

Very cool...have you ever noticed that our dad's and grandpa's had the prettiest writing. Feel kinda wierd bringing that up :censored[1]: ...but it seems to be true. The way they made things back then to be a piece of functional equipment also says things of where we were then and where we are now. Nice snag John.

#13 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:11 AM

Sixty years ago, when I was in grammar school, we had to learn to write. I don't mean spelling and such but the cursive method. We spent a lot of time on learning to write correctly too. Today, folks are too much in a hurry. Heck, even here on the forums, folks don't take the time for capitalization, punctuation or spell check. And look at the laziness of folks typing on here and using u instead of you, or ur instead of you're, or some other such shortcut. Just plain lazy, in my opinion.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#14 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,498 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:49 AM

I remember that too Braz. Except I broke my arm as a young kid and had it in a cast and splint so long I switched writing hands just to keep up. :doh[1]: Now I can write and do everything with either hand but only half as well if you saw my writing. :lol:

Time waits for no one--

#15 hunting guy

hunting guy

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:35 PM

Awesome! My grandfather has his dad's license from 1902(Arizona License). Cost was 25 cents! Can you believe that? Nowadays its at least a hundred times that!
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson

#16 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 01:47 PM

Some things just don't make sence to me anymore..... Toe dancers= why not just get TALLER women? How far and how fast does a fat lady have to walk before she smells somthing burning?Why does a gas truck have stop for gas?Why do Asians have to wear sunglasses?Why should I worry about spelling. Braz can figure it out, I'll bet. When you have had a stroke.... some things just seem so trivia.Braz...I still love ya.

#17 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:14 PM

Sixty years ago, when I was in grammar school, we had to learn to write. I don't mean spelling and such but the cursive method. We spent a lot of time on learning to write correctly too. Today, folks are too much in a hurry. Heck, even here on the forums, folks don't take the time for capitalization, punctuation or spell check. And look at the laziness of folks typing on here and using u instead of you, or ur instead of you're, or some other such shortcut. Just plain lazy, in my opinion.

u b rite bout dat :welcomeani:

#18 SAGITARUS

SAGITARUS

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:many lots of sport hobbies, such as mtn biking, snorkeling, surf fishing,hiking, and most recently, archery.

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:52 PM

I've read that educators are now worried that due to text messaging craze amongst our youngsters, they are becoming poor spellers and having poor grammatic writing styles.....

#19 woodsman44

woodsman44

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:25 PM

SJ, very nice find and thank for sharing that with us.

#20 thebeast64ol

thebeast64ol

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:I love to go out and hunt, hike, backpack, pretty much anything that is in the outdoors.

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:16 PM

I've read that educators are now worried that due to text messaging craze amongst our youngsters, they are becoming poor spellers and having poor grammatic writing styles.....

I dont know about you, but when i got a QWERTY keyboard phone (aka smart phone) it forced me to be a better speller because i couldnt rely upon T9 for spelling
This is Remington Country!

#21 michael word

michael word

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:36 PM

I would love to go through that and compare to the regulations of today.

#22 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,498 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:54 PM

I'll try to remember to scan it and post the pages. Just got busy and forgot to do it.

Time waits for no one--

#23 Big Ty

Big Ty

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, dirtbike riding, horses, sports in general, the outdoors, etc...

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:21 AM

How cool is that. I love finding old hunting and fishing stuff when you least expect it. That's a keeper for sure.Ty

#24 Hunter Dude

Hunter Dude

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:36 PM

LOL $2.00 oh how times have changed. They made beautiful licenses back then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users