• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Big Ty

Big Ty

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, dirtbike riding, horses, sports in general, the outdoors, etc...

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:35 AM

Does anyone have any experience with Kings Desert Shadow Camo? Is it as good as it looks? Any likes or dislikes? I've looking at it for a while and don't know anything about it. I know Les uses it but is it that good or is it just his sponsor? Any input would be great. Thanks guys.Ty

#2 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:Predator Calling, Squirrel Shooting, Reloading

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:33 PM

Its good stuff, pricey, but it looks good.Is it the perfect camo?? There is no such thing, other than natural vegetation.It matches & blends with alot of varying terrain, which is good.I've got the Kings DS Rain Gear, which is nice stuff, but not a very quiet material for slipping in quietly.Some other camo's I'm looking at, are the Mossy Oak Brush camo & the Seclusion 3D Open Country camo Both are good lookin patterns.Hope this helps, Lee

#3 Big Ty

Big Ty

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, dirtbike riding, horses, sports in general, the outdoors, etc...

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:25 PM

I've been looking at the mossy oak brush too. Thanks, we'll see.Ty

#4 CaseyU

CaseyU

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, being outdoors, hanging with my family and friends

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:29 PM

not the mossy oak brush unless your laying down. It looks great to our eyes. have someone wear it and back up to a hundred yards. there silhouette sticks out like a soar thumb. Def. take the king's camo over the brush. don't get me wrong the brush will work. But if were getting nitty gritty... take my word

#5 Big Ty

Big Ty

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:39 PM

Thanks man. My buddy bought some of the mossy oak brush because we both thought it looked good in the book. I found the kings desert shadow after that. I think the Kings is really cool. It looks like it blends in well. Still looking. Ty

#6 yote9999

yote9999

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, scuba diving, helicopters, airplanes, mounting biking, and family

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:02 PM

I was gonna get some Brush as well, then started looking around about patterns and stuff. The Marine Digi Summer (desert) looks the best to me. If I had to get a second choice I would go with Multi-Cam. I would only go with Multi-Cam since we hopefully will be switching to it in the near future! Of course if that isn't quite what you want, get an old set of DCU's from a surplus store, and make a ghuile suit out of em.

#7 Hipshot Percussion

Hipshot Percussion

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Bird Hunting- pheasant, Quail
    Bird dog training (two Brittany's)

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:31 AM

It's really nice stuff, but as mentioned the price is a little high. I saw some stuff that was just as nice at the sportsman show in Sacramento 2 years ago and it was priced alot better I just can't remember who made it. Look around there's nice stuff out there. I currently use the new desert digital camo. Since I hunt mostly in the high desert in N. Cal and N. NV.

#8 hunting guy

hunting guy

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 01:02 PM

Kings camo is perfect for dry scrub, grass, or any other desert terrainy that you are likely to find. I love the stuff imensely and it holds its own on coyotes and deer.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson

#9 Rogue

Rogue

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:51 PM

Depends where you hunt. The Brushy camo like Caseyu said looks good until you get 100 yards away or so then you stick out. I have owned every pattern of camo you could think of including many Gilli suits. The way camo works is this: If it's a small pattern like Brush, it will fade in the farther away you get, so you want something that matches your terrain. I have found that the Max-1 camo is the best for all around use form the desert to the rolling hills of Ca in the winter and spring. In the summer when the grass is tall, I start using M24D Camo. M24d stands for "Made to deceive" and it's great for summer / fall ca hunting in the grassy rolling hills. ( www.m2dcamo.com ) Predator mag did a writeup on it a few months ago and when you wear it, your very hidden. Another approach to desert is the cabelas " Open country camo" I'm even starting to like it better than my max 1. Another thing to remember is you don't want camo that's too busy. A lot of patterns try to hard and block everything out with colors to impress us. Most camo is made to pleasure the wearer, not the game. Coyotes and big game see in a different light spectrum than humans. I totally believe in spraying my clothes with UV Killer as an added edge. I have had very close encounters with coyotes that would make the hair stand straight up on your head. Hope this helps.Alan

#10 jpurtee

jpurtee

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Looking for a bowhunting partner for A32 Zone.

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:43 PM

Keep in mind the Kings button up shirt is not patterned on the inside, so keep it buttoned up unless you want to send white flashes when it opens up. Otherwise I like the pattern for many CA situations/seasons. Also, wait for the sales on King's e-mail list or your retailers.

#11 Colin

Colin

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:50 PM

This may be random and seem useless, but keep in mind...Coyotes see greens as different shades of white. Don't know why, but I thought that may help.

#12 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:47 PM

Any idea on how to "fix" the MO Brush so it isn't so bad? Maybe splatter some dyes on it or something? Anyone gotta photo of it at 100 yards so we can see?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users