4 replies to this topic

#1 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 12:23 PM

When you go turkey or predator hunting with a pump shotgun, what kind of sling and stand set-up do you find the most comfortable? I will likely be packing in a rifle too. I need something comfortable while sitting on stand that will allow hands-free calling but hold the shotgun shoulder high ready to fire. Best solutions?

#2 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:Predator Calling, Squirrel Shooting, Reloading

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:48 PM

The Safari Sling is really intended for Scoped Rifles.It holds your rifle at waist height, & when you shoulder it, the rear of the sling, slips off the butt stock, but the front stays on top of your barrel. It lays to the side out of your scopes vision.Unless you have elevated Iron Sights on your shotgun it will be laying on top of your ventilated rib & block your line of sight down the rib, possibly causing you to lift your head & miss your shot.I just lay my shotgun either across my legs or next to me.My rifle is on a Bi Pod & at times I call with the butt close to shoulder height, but for the most part the butt is on the ground. Hope this helps, Lee

#3 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 07:08 PM

When I'm walking in carrying a rifle & a shotgun, I thought a safari sling might be the way to go. If I scare up anything I figure having the shotgun ready to fire (insert Rambo video here) from the hip would be better than two shoulder slings...especially in places where you need one or two hands to climb up and slide down. Thought there would be a safari sling intended for a ribbed pump. Is there a better option?For sitting on stand, I think I'm still too fidgety and saw this...anyone use something like this?http://www.basspro.c...__SearchResults

#4 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:Predator Calling, Squirrel Shooting, Reloading

Posted 26 December 2009 - 07:32 PM

To the best of my knowledge, they don't make one for shotguns.My dad turned me onto the Safari Slings years ago, & I've been a fan ever since. Their great slings, especially if you've got a heavy varmint barrel on your rifle, it really distributes the weight & makes it alot easier to carry.Plus it's always at the ready.Personally I would get one for your rifle, & just carry your shotgun in, if you need 2 hands, shoulder sling it.With the Safari Sling, you can cinch it tight across your chest, for any climbing you have to do.That mono pod looks pretty cool, & might just be what you're looking for. Best of Luck, Lee

#5 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:53 PM

No practical safari or tactical sling options?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users