1 reply to this topic

#1 tonyd

tonyd

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:12 AM

I need to pick up a new choke for my 12 ga Mossberg Maverick 88, 28" barrel , I want it mostly for Coyotes. All the full choke tube I see say not for steel shot. I am in the lead free area of California where this is a must. What brand choke are the rest of you using for this purpose. I will try the Dead Coyote ammo but I would also like to shoot slugs also. Can the same choke be used for both?Thanks and Merry Christmas to all of you. I asked Santa for Bass Pro cards, hope the wife was listining.TonyD

#2 Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Calling predators and building predator calls

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:27 PM

I need to pick up a new choke for my 12 ga Mossberg Maverick 88, 28" barrel , I want it mostly for Coyotes. All the full choke tube I see say not for steel shot. I am in the lead free area of California where this is a must. What brand choke are the rest of you using for this purpose. I will try the Dead Coyote ammo but I would also like to shoot slugs also. Can the same choke be used for both?Thanks atonydnd Merry Christmas to all of you. I asked Santa for Bass Pro cards, hope the wife was listining.TonyD

---------------------------tonyd,Use the most open choke you already have when shooting the slugs. For the "dead coyote", something in the full-extra full range should do well for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users