2 replies to this topic

#1 gotsch

gotsch

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:37 PM

I recently got a Mini 14 and was thinking about putting a simple scope on it (I.E.~basic 2 to 4X) and was wondering if anyone know's of a scope that's not that expensive with a BDC that is functional with a .223 . I don't want to spend alot of money but i know it's kinda ironic to ask for a scope that has a BDC biult into it is designed for a small centerfire rifle. I'm thinking there are alot of people with black guns but are they using 3 x 9's or what?? The rifle came with a paticular set of rings also so that will have to play a role in it. thankyou all~Gotsch

#2 Portagee_Shooter

Portagee_Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:09 AM

I really wouldn't worry about BDC for a mini. They're really not accurate enough without lots of upgrades to shoot out past 150yds. Before I sold mine I bought a Centerpoint 3-9x40mm with illuminated reticle from Walmart for $50. It was actually a really nice scope for the mini. It held up well through about 200rds of 223 and did not lose its zero. The optics were clear and the illumination worked well.Its a 1" tube and works fine with the ruger rings.here's a pic http://www.californi...d...677&hl=camo
Q: "What do you hunt with that?" A: "Name it"-Rambo

#3 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:44 PM

I put a weaver 4X on both my mini14 and mini30 and they "look right" and shoot fine. More power is not needed and they are fun guns to me. IF I were to use them in all types of weather or serious (big game) hunting I would mount a Leupold 4X on them. Have one in the safe but waiting for a different rifle for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users