18 replies to this topic

#1 woodsman44

woodsman44

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:49 PM

On December 10, 2009 the fish and game commision removed the requirement that we "DISPLAY" our fishing licenses while fishing...woo hoo...just keep it in your wallet or tackle box....this works for me.This starts in March of 2010...

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:00 PM

Oh boy, now everyone that didn't buy their license doesn't have to worry. Sure makes writting ticket easier. :signs1180lq:

#3 Jeff213

Jeff213

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:03 PM

Oh boy, now everyone that didn't buy their license doesn't have to worry. Sure makes writting ticket easier. :signs1180lq:

I agree. This wear requirement just helped the fish and game wardens do their job and really is not a problem for law abiding citizens. Now the few fish and game wardens we have to individually check everyone meaning that license laws will be enforced less. I would have rather had them not increase the cost of the license than doing this....

#4 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:25 PM

I wonder why they did this? While I always forgot to display it anyway, I can see why it was required. In areas where a lot of people fish, made for checking licenses a lot quicker. Where I fish you never see another person, let alone a warden, lol. It just seems strange that F&G did this, and I'm curious to the reasoning.Added-I completely agree with the idea of them NOT increasing the cost of a license, rather than doing this.

#5 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:00 PM

One reason they did it is to make them check the license for the stamps ,2nd pole ect. It also gives them an excuse to check you out up close.And lots of fishermen complaints. Did not bother me to have it showing. I been checked for a fishing license buy more sheriff and highway patrole than game wardens. and they make you take it out of the plastic thingy.

#6 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:17 PM

I been checked for a fishing license buy more sheriff and highway patrole than game wardens. and they make you take it out of the plastic thingy.

Why would a sheriff's deputy or CHP need to see a fishing license?

#7 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:18 PM

He was probably fishing on the freeway !!!!

#8 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:31 PM

I fish in some different spots :signbummer8tl: . They regulary patrol this place.Never had a problem with them.

#9 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:31 PM

You can look to Tom Raftican for the answer to this. It became his big pet project to secure funding for his new organization after getting bounced outta UASC. Personally I have no use for this guy. http://www.saltwater...ense-initiative

#10 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:49 PM

I have never even heard of this Tom Raftican, but I sure do agree with him. The idea of hanging something around your neck, or clipped to a hat or shirt is just plain foolish. I can take a piece of paper and hang it there and is that going to keep the Warden from checking my license? If so, that is really foolish. So, if he has to come and check anyway, why have it clipped on where it can easily be lost, or as said on Raftican's site, left on a different garment. I hate at rule and am very glad they are doing away with it.

#11 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:53 PM

My fishing license has always stayed in my wallet and even when aproached by wardens they had no problem with me not having it displayed.

#12 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:22 PM

Just for jiggles.... I am going to display mine anyways. I never fish with two poles and most of the time I never need stamps to fish in the Calif Aquaduct. If it save the warden a trip... good for me. Now lets hope I catch more fish. Have you noticed the amount of small mouth bass in the Aquaduct ? That is great news.

#13 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:34 PM

Darn now I will have to buy a real one . :1019: No more monopoly money in the plastic thing.. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: ;) ;) ;) I did not like it if a fisherman needs to do it while not drivers. or hunters or anybody that needs one . Im suprised this state dont make pilots do it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

#14 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:48 PM

I forgot about that ,and the rainger waved at us. I wore mine but it was between the three or four old ones . Still is.

#15 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 19 December 2009 - 12:56 PM

Whats a rainger? :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: :good: :lol: :lol:

#16 Hunter Dude

Hunter Dude

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:20 PM

Everytime I have been checked they asked me to take the licence out of the plastic and provide a picture ID. Ive been checked everywhere, shore, boat, lakes, delta. Ive had my fish counted, stamps checked the works.

#17 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:41 AM

Well, here on the Delta, I dont bother to fish anymore.. They are pumping soo much of our fresh water down to So Cal, that the brackish water is now taking over. Hardley any catfish and black bass in the front of our house. We even have Sea lions coming in ! LOL They can stuff their licenses!

#18 Rick

Rick

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:45 AM

Whats a rainger? :) :good: :) ;)

A Liberal officer that warns you about the rain coming...not very accurate reporting but he is paid by your tax dollars.lol

#19 michael word

michael word

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:19 PM

I never thought this time would come. I have always been the one to forget my license at home after driving an hour to fish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users