• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Alec

Alec

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Deer, Pheasant, Turkey & other hunting, Fishing Shooting Squirrels, hand loading, bench shooting

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:09 AM

I just bought a PM-4 E-caller (Ebay). I have a couple of places to hunt Coyotes. A ranch in Marin County that has some Brush Rabbits ( a small type of Cottontail ), and other spots in Norther California that that have Jack Rabbits. The Coyotes seem to crashed the deer herd and were going to try to eliminate some of them this winter. The sounds that were included on the 3 memory cards are : card BC-1 Rodent- Distress, Squealing Bird, Meadowlark, Bobcat in Heat, card CY2 High Pitched Cottontail, Canine Pupies,Yellowhammer Woodpecker, Coyote Pup Distress, card GP2 Canine Pups, Kid Goat Distress, Pleading Chicken, Whitetail Fawn Distress. I noticed that 3 of the sounds are similar. Canine Puppies, Canine Pups, and Coyote Pup Distress. I also am takeing advantage of the "get a free Extra Memory Card "promotion that Hunter Specialties has going on now where if you buy an PM-4 caller during certain dates you get a free card. It saposed to take 8-10 weeks. I orderd their CY-3 which has Vittles A'la Jack Rabbit, Grown Cottontail Distress, Wild Pigglet Distress, and Coyote Locator. Could you other members tell me which sounds you have had sucess and which you havent. Also I'm stuck with only the 3 cards for a while until the CY-3 comes. Thanks Alec

#2 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:17 AM

I have had the best luck with old Frankie Valli tapes or Bee Gees songs. I think the yotes really love the falsetto notes. Last hunt, I played "Jive Talkin" and within 2-minutes I had 4 yotes charge in and attack my Alvin the chipmunk decoy..
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#3 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:02 AM

"I orderd their CY-3 which has Vittles A'la Jack Rabbit, Grown Cottontail Distress"Those two sounds are all you need. They have probably called in more coyotes than the others combined.
ProStaff - ProStaff - Field Staff - I'm very important!

#4 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:57 AM

+1 to that.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#5 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:21 PM

Crickets.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#6 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:43 PM

Lightning Jack distress and puppy cries. Lightning Jack has brought in a few coyotes and one large bobcat. The puppy cries brought in a grey fox. My two favorites.

#7 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:44 PM

You cannot use an electronic caller to call in and shoot a fox. You must use a hand call. FYI.

#8 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:52 PM

Lightning Jack distress and puppy cries. Lightning Jack has brought in a few coyotes and one large bobcat. The puppy cries brought in a grey fox. My two favorites.

foxpro sounds
ProStaff - ProStaff - Field Staff - I'm very important!

#9 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:37 AM

Braz these e-callers are going to put you out of business, only chance is for your calls to go in a display cases!!
Without hunters there wouldn't be much of an environment to protect!!Conservation of Wild Life Through the Taking of Predators by Sportsmen United we stand

#10 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:41 AM

Heck, anyone who goes out with ONLY an e-caller, without a few hand calls too, has never heard of the dead battery syndrome. :signlol2iu:
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#11 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:47 AM

Well I guess there is still a few of us old timers that still use hand calls so your safe for a while.
Without hunters there wouldn't be much of an environment to protect!!Conservation of Wild Life Through the Taking of Predators by Sportsmen United we stand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users