5 replies to this topic

#1 Rogue

Rogue

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:12 PM

I was just reading on the Laser Genetics ND3 Laser. Their website has a great video. With this you do not need night vision, you are using artificial light that's adjustable, mounted to your weapon and their a lot cheaper than NV. Would these be legal for night predator (fur barer) hunting in the good old state of Ca?

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,661 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:18 PM

Unfortunately they are not legal. You can't attach any sort of light emitting device to a gun in California. I wish we could.

#3 Rogue

Rogue

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:44 PM

It figures.Thanks John

#4 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:42 PM

Ah, but can it be used on private property? I have a ranch owner looking into this as he wants me to continue thinning the coyotes and is willing to pay for half of this Laser light. He really doesn't give a damned about the F&G since they've ignored him about getting rid of the coyotes. I only hunt them in the dark so no one even knows I'm there till they hear the shot/s go off.

#5 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:00 AM

I could bring my yellow Mini Cooper hunt rig and Stinky the killer wiener dog and hold the laser for you....you'll probably get tired after shooting all those yotes and need some help. :good:

#6 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:33 PM

:lol: ..... Hey Red, I might be looking into getting a camera man to film some of these night hunts with me. I'm looking into what special camera would be needed etc.... I've switched to a red lens on my spot light to spot them now that they've gotten used to the white light. My new .22-250 is well broken into now with 7 kills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users