#1 Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Calling predators and building predator calls

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:46 PM

I have been making Killer Calls for last couple of days. Today I just completed tuning one for a customer and decided to record a little bit of a rabbit scream with it. You guys like it? :good:

Attached Files

#2 Troy08er

Troy08er

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:53 PM

Sounds great, is that a open reed call. Troy
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

#3 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:43 PM

Sounds like it would bring em in !
Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.

#4 Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:38 PM

Troy,Yes, my Killer calls are open reed design. By the way, I just boxed up a nice cow horn howler for someone with same first name as your's. :good:

#5 Troy08er

Troy08er

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:54 PM

Cool,can't wait to get it. I just check your webs site. I need one more open reed to feel my line. I have a Les Johnson close range and a Les Johnson long range call. I really like his calls and have been getting great results with them. I have one spot open on my line that I could use a different sound.How easy is your Killer call to use? Is it the standard model or molded? Thanks,Troy
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

#6 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:32 PM

Sounds like it would bring them in. Photos?

#7 Troy08er

Troy08er

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:56 PM

Check his web site.

#8 Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:19 AM

Troy,If you are familiar with blowing open reed calls, the Killer call is fairly easy to use. I like to use lips only (no teeth on reed) when blowing for the raspy sounds like rabbit distress. For howling and puppy squeals, then I use my teeth to hold reed down. The Killer call is one of the loudest predator calls in the world, and is capable of a wide range of calling sounds. If you can only afford one call for all of your calling needs, the Killer call is it. The killer call is pretty much the "sleeper" of open reed calls.

#9 Locnload

Locnload

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Deer hunting, and coyotes when the opportunity presents itself, (I don't have the calling thing down yet).

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:30 PM

The link doesn't work for me. It opens a new window, but nothing there.

#10 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 11:40 AM

Sounds good.

#11 Possumal

Possumal

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:21 AM

Fellows, any custom call that Rich Cronk makes will be top shelf. The Killer Call is very versatile and I use it a lot to make the sweet howls, like young yotes or a female looking for love. The reed protector is a good feature too, as I have had my Killer Call for about two years and it still works flawlessly. I'd hate to have to carry just one call, but I'd pick the Killer Call if you made me do it. Perhaps the best feature included on Rich's calls is he personally tunes every one, and you can count on the tone.
Al Prather Member, Foxpro Field Staff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users