#1 Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Calling predators and building predator calls

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:58 AM

I am going to reveal a hot new sound that I recently created. Although it will call all predators, it is a really super bobcat calling magnet. It is also good for calling those highly pressured old coyotes that wise up to normal calling sounds that others are using.

Attached Files

#2 Portagee_Shooter

Portagee_Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:21 AM

Sounds great. Might be just the thing for those yotes up in Red Bluff that don't seem to like anything on the Foxpro. I assume its a double reed call?
Q: "What do you hunt with that?" A: "Name it"-Rambo

#3 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:35 AM

Geez, Rich, you just gave away one of my secrets. LOL - Just kidding, as I am always preaching the merits of squeak sounds. Some folks will use it to just bring an animal in the rest of the way, however, I have used it numerous times as the primary sound to call coyotes, and am still amazed how effective it works, even after approx 8 yrs of using them in place of rabbit distress. Our largest dog killed so far was with the squeak sound.Anyway, guess I better listen to yours now. lolFrank

#4 Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

Sounds great. Might be just the thing for those yotes up in Red Bluff that don't seem to like anything on the Foxpro. I assume its a double reed call?

-----------------------------------------The new sound was a result of recording two versions of my lip squeak, and combining them into a duet with the help of a program called Cool Edit. I am a bit biased perhaps, but I believe that this sound is even better than the old Burnham cottontail duet. Today is the very first time that I posted the sound on a public board. I did E mail it to a caller in Kentucky a week or two ago, and he called in a large bobcat with that sound. I would appreciate hearing from any of you folks who decide to load the sound on your E caller. I am betting that I will read some interesting results.

#5 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:31 AM

Our largest dog killed so far was with the squeak sound.Frank

Damn...that is a killer sound.
ProStaff - ProStaff - Field Staff - I'm very important!

#6 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:18 AM

Thanks Rich! It does sound great. Will this sound play in stereo?
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#7 Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:45 AM

------------------------I think I recorded the sound in mono, but the critters won't mind.

#8 Possumal

Possumal

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:18 PM

I haven't been out much for the past few weeks due to friends passing away. I did get out for one late afternoon stand where I killed a big female a few weeks ago, and still looking for her mate. He is a big rascal. Just before dark, I was playing the new sound and I thought the big rascal was on his way. It was a good half mile to where I first picked up movement, fast movement, in about the openest field connected to this particular piece of land. As it turned out, it was a big German Shepherd, collar and all. Best I can figure, he had to come from a farmhouse that is about a mile from my stand. So, Rich, Wiley's cousin liked the sound too! Our bobcat season is open now, and I look forward to seeing if I can get that big one to show up again. The sound is great coming through two speakers too, just more of a good thing. :653:
Al Prather Member, Foxpro Field Staff

#9 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:48 PM

Sounds great. Thanks for sharing. Keep 'em coming.

#10 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:18 AM

I will definitely give that one a try Rich. That'll put a tingle up a bobcat's leg fer sure.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#11 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:51 PM

I am going to reveal a hot new sound that I recently created. Although it will call all predators, it is a really super bobcat calling magnet. It is also good for calling those highly pressured old coyotes that wise up to normal calling sounds that others are using.

Rich, would you pass on a coyote to wait for a bobcat or take whatever comes in whenever and simply stay on the stand longer for the bobcat?

#12 Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:31 AM

Rich, would you pass on a coyote to wait for a bobcat or take whatever comes in whenever and simply stay on the stand longer for the bobcat?

-----------------------------------------Jim,It depends on how bad I want a bobcat. The animals do not seem to be frightened by gunfire unless said animal is the one being shot at. The problem as I see it, is that cats are so sneaky that you could have one ten feet away and not know it. It would make a feller feel pretty bad if he were to shoot a thirty yard coyote, and then see a cat jump from behind a bush 10 yards away because the boom of a rifle hurt his dang ears. :signlol2iu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users